Another MFSW Question

dans3.0

Reaction score
Hi,
First off have tried searching and am now totally confused
I,m thinking of fitting a MFSW with flappy paddles to my B6 Cab multitronic but have a few question the knowledgable on here might be able to help me with
would an A3 S LINE wheel and airbag or maybe a new TT FBMFSW fit,
I have cruise so am I right in thinking that all I would need is a new slip ring and recoding.
can anyone tell me the part number that I would need for the slip ring.
Can anyone recommend a good place that would do the fitting/coding

Cheers
Dan

hi dan, your correct, if you have cruise theres a 99% chance that your module should be ok, you will need a new slipring for multi wheel, im sure someone will help with part number.
where abouts are you , i currently have a 3 bar s-line sort wheel with multi function, punched leather and flappy paddles, complete with airbag, sitting in bubble wrap waiting for you lol.
i can fit too along with coding etc.
i have done a few cars on here now for people with different mods, one being a moderator on here so if you need peice of mind ask away. ( mr voorhees is always on here ) if youd like comfirmation ill give him a nudge / elbow to pm you.
a flat bottom is also poss, i have one in mine, and fitted one yesterday for a guy in a A6, prices do vary so keep your eye out. german ebay is also a good place to look.

1Wheel
Thanks for the info mate
Have PM'd you regarding the wheel

Dan

1Wheel
Thanks for the info mate
Have PM'd you regarding the wheel

Dan

Dans,

If you have cruise you probably only have steering module "N" you will need "Q" or "R" for a B7 wheel, come on 1 wheel, dont let your standards slip :whip:

The code for the slip ring you need is 4E0 953 541 A OR B

Guys

Cruise was retro fitted about 3 years ago, will have to see if I can find the reciept see if it says what module was fitted

1Wheel
Yep mate thats the type I'm fancying
Can you pm me what sort of price your after please
Also do you know if I remove my cowling will I be able to see the top of the steering module to check the number.
Cheers
Dan

Do we know yet that these 2-stage airbag wheels will deploy in an emergency on our single-stage airbag controllered cars? I've only heard the opposite so far, ie, they don't go off when they should....... I personally would like my face not getting any uglier at the expense of my steering wheel staying ugly!!

Just a thought!!!

Just checked my steering module and its 8EO 953 549P

Dan

Lowline
  • Supported Steering Wheels: Standard Steering Wheel (4-Spoke)
  • Supported Features: Trip Computer (does NOT support Cruise Control!)
  • Part Numbers: 8E0-953-549-F 8E0-953-549-S
Midline
  • Supported Steering Wheels: Standard Steering Wheel (4-Spoke), Sport Steering Wheel (3-Spoke), Multi-Function Steering Wheel
  • Supported Features: Trip Computer, Cruise Control
  • Part Numbers: 8E0-953-549-L, 8E0-953-549-N
Highline
  • Supported Steering Wheels: Standard Steering Wheel (4-Spoke), Sport Steering Wheel (3-Spoke), Multi-Function Steering Wheel
  • Supported Features: Trip Computer, Cruise Control, Steering Wheel Heating
  • Part Numbers: 8E0-953-549-M, 8E0-953-549-P, 8E0-953-549-Q, 8E0-953-549-R

Yeah sods law
Something else to source now

doh !!!!!!!! sorry dan my bag ! thanks again blacky, means you keep correcting my mistakes, could you pop round and have a word with the misses!!!!! lmfao