Best place to buy new gear/shift knob & Handbrake grip

Dan76

Reaction score
Hi
Ive got a 2005 B7 2.0 140 Tdi S-line and want to replace the basic and very worn leather gear knob and handbrake grip.
I really fancy the perforated leather OEM but dont fancy having my pants being pulled down at the stealers...
Any advice?

Hi
Ive got a 2005 B7 2.0 140 Tdi S-line and want to replace the basic and very worn leather gear knob and handbrake grip.
I really fancy the perforated leather OEM but dont fancy having my pants being pulled down at the stealers...
Any advice?

I bought this of the the bay, perforated leather S-line, item N'o.120546021280, £35, used my original gaiter just fitted the gear knob and steel sleeve, looks factory genuine...

I bought this of the the bay, perforated leather S-line, item N'o.120546021280, £35, used my original gaiter just fitted the gear knob and steel sleeve, looks factory genuine...

How difficult was it to use the original gaiter from your existing gear stick?

Mine is in a real state from the previous owner and I really want to replace it!

How difficult was it to use the original gaiter from your existing gear stick?

Mine is in a real state from the previous owner and I really want to replace it!

There's a round plastic clip that holds the gaiter onto the bottom of the gear knob,in between sits the steel sleeve , difficult to explain but easy to do, and the gear map insert at the top, clips out if you want to change it,you can put your orig; one in...

Last edited:
Thanks chaps!

just realised i posted in the wrong chassis but have a little update anyway, as you were so welcoming

spoke to the stealers today, they quoted:
£41.10 + vat for the handbrake grip
£82.14 + vat for the gear knob & gater... all bog standard replacement stuff not punched leather as i asked for
They said I couldnt get punched leather "coz the computer dont show it" ....not sure why i bothered tbh :banghead:

anyway.. the eBay hunt will continue