JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Dan76's Avatar
    Lurker

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gatwick
    Posts
    61

    Question Best place to buy new gear/shift knob & Handbrake grip

    Hi
    Ive got a 2005 B7 2.0 140 Tdi S-line and want to replace the basic and very worn leather gear knob and handbrake grip.
    I really fancy the perforated leather OEM but dont fancy having my pants being pulled down at the stealers...
    Any advice?
    8V 1.8 TFSI S-line Sportback
    Daytona Grey | B&O | Privacy Glass | Tech pack | Comfort pack | Interior Light pack | Through Load facility | Sports Suspension |
    Mods to fit | Ali pedals | H&R Spacers 10mm front & 15mm rear |

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    203
    Have u checked eBay and your local breakers?
    2003 Black 3.0 Multironic Cabriolet
    18" RS6s, 6000k HID conversion, Led interior upgrade.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    YE56 NDY reg for sale.

  4. #3
    Turkster's Avatar
    Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,723
    they are not that expensive from the main dealer are they ?

  5. #4
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    sutton coldfield
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by Dann View Post
    Hi
    Ive got a 2005 B7 2.0 140 Tdi S-line and want to replace the basic and very worn leather gear knob and handbrake grip.
    I really fancy the perforated leather OEM but dont fancy having my pants being pulled down at the stealers...
    Any advice?
    I bought this of the the bay, perforated leather S-line, item N'o.120546021280, 35, used my original gaiter just fitted the gear knob and steel sleeve, looks factory genuine...

  6. #5
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    sutton coldfield
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkster View Post
    they are not that expensive from the main dealer are they ?
    90, from the stealer !!!

  7. #6
    simon.m's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,746

  8. #7
    Turkster's Avatar
    Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger1 View Post
    90, from the stealer !!!
    WTF, thats a bit of a shock!

  9. #8
    OEM+

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Grantham, Lincolnshire
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger1 View Post
    I bought this of the the bay, perforated leather S-line, item N'o.120546021280, 35, used my original gaiter just fitted the gear knob and steel sleeve, looks factory genuine...
    How difficult was it to use the original gaiter from your existing gear stick?

    Mine is in a real state from the previous owner and I really want to replace it!
    Ebony Black 2004 A4 Avant 1.9 TDi Sport

  10. #9
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    sutton coldfield
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncopix View Post
    How difficult was it to use the original gaiter from your existing gear stick?

    Mine is in a real state from the previous owner and I really want to replace it!
    There's a round plastic clip that holds the gaiter onto the bottom of the gear knob,in between sits the steel sleeve , difficult to explain but easy to do, and the gear map insert at the top, clips out if you want to change it,you can put your orig; one in...
    Last edited by Digger1; 30th March 2010 at 22:49.

  11. #10
    Dan76's Avatar
    Lurker

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gatwick
    Posts
    61
    Thanks chaps!

    just realised i posted in the wrong chassis but have a little update anyway, as you were so welcoming

    spoke to the stealers today, they quoted:
    41.10 + vat for the handbrake grip
    82.14 + vat for the gear knob & gater... all bog standard replacement stuff not punched leather as i asked for
    They said I couldnt get punched leather "coz the computer dont show it" ....not sure why i bothered tbh

    anyway.. the eBay hunt will continue
    8V 1.8 TFSI S-line Sportback
    Daytona Grey | B&O | Privacy Glass | Tech pack | Comfort pack | Interior Light pack | Through Load facility | Sports Suspension |
    Mods to fit | Ali pedals | H&R Spacers 10mm front & 15mm rear |

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO