Ambient Lighting

AudiLeon

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Can it be annoying?
I've been looking at it, but before i drill holes in my units. Can it get annoying?

someone put a post up not so long ago about this, also my mate has it in his BMW and he's not keen.

I was going to do it, but changed my mind... need to see it first.

The front Ambient Lighting module is a doddle to fit - just the holes to be drilled (final opening should be 6.5mm, actual OEM size is drilled to 6.7mm).
With the official Audi LED module part it gives a faint glow over the centre console - they dim with the interior illumination circuit if connected to the correct terminals in the roof light which is obvious when you take a look for the connection points.

There is no official part for the rear light unit as this does not cater for ambient LED lighting, however you can glue a modified front LED module in place to give the same effect as the front unit. You will have to cut away a small part of the LED module case to miss the rear plug assembly for it to fit in the rear light cluster.
Have done quite a few rear light module conversions for re-sale on >>Ebay<<, this link is for a "Grey" onehttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A4-S4-RS...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item35a82fefa1.

The Audi LED's are red, BMW are an orange colour - have a 320d SE Tourer also as a company car and they are fitted as standard in front and rear light units - not as nice as the classy Audi ones I must add.

It is difficult to show the effect of the red LEDS by photograph without over or under exaggerating the effect - best bet is to find an A4 with it and take a look - in the dark.

I fail to see how it could be annoying? But each to their own and if it is then you could simply disconnect the LED's behind the courtesy light cover and it would all look perfectly normal.

Remember too that they also dim with the instrument lights.

I suppose if they dim with the dash lights.
I quite like it dark in the car. I'll have a ponder i think.

i dont find them annoying at all
quite pleasant in fact
there arnt as "in your face" as you think
and just give off a soft red glow