255.35.18 Rears

L4FOU

Reaction score
Hello All

Very new to the community - what a font on knowledge I must say - took ownership of my first Audi (A4 B6 TDI 130) a couple of weeks ago after chopping and changing about 30+ cars over the last 9yrs, I've finally made it. The A4 itself looks the part with the s-line kit and 18" alloys - still sorting the engine tho as it desparately needed a service and there is/was a terrible misfire so having the loom and injectors changed as well, alot more than I wanted to spend right now but should be great for some time after that...he says.

Anyway a quick question if I may - has anyone tried 225.35.18s on the rear of a B6? I have a pair of Bridgestone RFT sat in the garage I was going to put on ebay. I've seen some cracks on the budget tyres (enduro runway...yuk) the car came with so thought I'd swap the rears. Will the RFTs fit, anybody knows or tried?

All replies/advice greatly appreciated.

L4FOU

Hi and welcome, yes the tyres will fit but the profile should be 40 . 235X40X18 is the correct size for the 18" wheel on an A4. Looking at your post again are the tyre's 255 or 225 as you have posted both sizes.

Last edited:
wow responses, thanks guys. I want to fit 255.35.18 on the rears, there's currently 225.40.18 all round. Looking at some of the other post I've seen I'm of the opinion they'll fill - seen others with 255.40.19 mind you there's been some alterations. took the 255.35.18 off the bimmer (am allowed to say that here) before selling. what you reckon

i think you may as well go for the 19s with 255 35s if you can :icon_thumright:

thanks Si - trouble is I'm trying to make use of what I've already got - 18" alloys on the car, 18" tyres sat in the garage, I'd thought this was a no brainer. Not sure I like 19s - must admit tho if set right can look very nice.

255's will bulg out alot on the rims but should fit.
as for your misfire, the most common cause on the audi's is usually the coilpacks mate.

new injectors arrived today told I'll have the car back tomorrow misfire free too - all comments/advice appreciated will be seeking more no doubt. Have to stick to the 18" for a while exhaust the funds I could have spent on that - had planned a remap too but with the new coils and other parts will have to save again for this. Saw more-bhp have a deal have a £199 deal (www.more-bhp.com) - all in time eh.

Si those 19s really look the part, when you getting yours mate...

Cheers

id love a set but not just yet and i dont think i would go to 19s :icon_thumright:

L4FOU. Check out AMD as they are only down the road from you and have a good reputation