Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

How long does it take for engine to reach peak temp Turbo Diesel?

As above how long @ from cold does/should it take to reach peak temp and efficency? Also pardon the newbie question but what is refered to as "Understear/Overstear"

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Mine takes about 5 - 10 mins.. roughly..
    Audi A4 TDi 130 Sport

OEM+

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by iyrix View Post
    Mine takes about 5 - 10 mins.. roughly..
    About the same for me too.
    Ebony Black 2004 A4 Avant 1.9 TDi Sport

6th Gear

Status
    yep about 5 to 10 mins but you need to take into acount if your driving and how fast or stuck in trafic will take a bit longer

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    There are lots of factors to take into account before deciding an engine is at maximum efficiency, and for temperature the ambient air temp. can have a big effect too. Have you a problem with yours?

Understeer is when the front wheels of a car run wide in corners. Oversteer is when the back end of the car breaks loose and you need to steer 'into' the skid. Put both terms into Wikipedia and you will find all you'll ever need.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the replies!
    My car doesnt have a problem I was just wondering how long it takes @ - since I had my thremostat sensor replaced my car is actualy running warm at last.. now my fuel effiency has shot up. Howver I have noticed that on some of the threads it suggests members are getting over 50mpg. ( a figure I can only dream of, that includes me driving mainly motorway miles)

Would it make any dif if my car has been remapped (now 146bhp) I dont drive like a madman its more or less constant 60-70mph

As for the overstear etc thanks for the replies will l@@k it up

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    What size engine do you have, i would expect most 1.9 to do 50+ ,even 35-40 from a 2.5 also?
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have a 1.9Tdi so it should theoretically achieve 50+mpg I have never got anywhere near that at best its 46mpg driving full tank to full tank. I am not going to bash myself up about it as I am getting more than I did before and travel @ 45miles per day every day of which 35 is motorway..

Would there be some setting withing the engine managment system that might need tweaking? Thanks for the reply by the way