Chris NottVolks Autos

Thread: Big Tips!

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status

Smile Big Tips!

Visited my nearest Powerflow dealer in Ipswich at the weekend for fitting of my pre-ordered 100mm sloping tips and thought I'd post up the before and after pictures......

Before:

AFTER:

2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    looks beter mate i miss not having them on my car as its a tdi

cabriolet

Status
    total transformation woorlord ! looks great, really fills the gap well.
    cant understand why theres so mant different sizes though . your standard ones are alot smaller than my standard ones.
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Look well they do.Bang on the way they are positioned too so you cant trip over them.Hate to see an A4 Arse smoking 2 big fat cigars.Looks Awful!

5th Gear

Status
    Now that is a nice rear
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

2nd Gear

Status
    very smart! very nice mod.
    Audi A4 TDi 130 Sport

Status
    Thanks guys for your comments - much appreciated.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera

1st Gear

Status
    Looking good!!...

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Look superb! Confirms that 100mm is deffo the way to go for me when I do mine
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Loving the anonymity

Status
    When i read sloped tips, i thought you meant you had some of those silly rain catchers which chavs have, which bend upwards. These look great though, very nice indeed!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy88 View Post
    When i read sloped tips, i thought you meant you had some of those silly rain catchers which chavs have, which bend upwards. These look great though, very nice indeed!!
    Thanks.

But do you mean they've put them on upside down - damn I'll get down there today to correct it!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Woorlord View Post
    Thanks.

But do you mean they've put them on upside down - damn I'll get down there today to correct it!
    no no no.... leave them alone they look the dogs dangaley's i'll be having some of them on the rear of mine, just need an exhaust pipe first though
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    Does look good that top work!

The originals looked really small cant believe that was how they were standard. My Dads 2.5TDi came with the twin exit exhausts (i have been informed that this must be a modification) and the tips on his were much more like the ones you have just had put on but not as nice and shiney
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J7USS View Post
    Look well they do.Bang on the way they are positioned too so you cant trip over them.Hate to see an A4 Arse smoking 2 big fat cigars.Looks Awful!
    Know what you mean, with the Miltek on mine my pipes stick out a bit much for my liking, you can read the 'Miltek' on top of the pipes by looking straight down. Not entirely happy about that but it seems with out cutting them the guys who fitted it reckon they cant get them back further. Must admit I have never looked but I would have thought there was some scope for adjustment.

Woorlord...your rear looks sweet!...that came out wrong....
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport, Xenons, Black Leather, Bose, 18' RS4's, Sunroof, Armrest, Milltek

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboyc View Post
    no no no.... leave them alone they look the dogs dangaley's i'll be having some of them on the rear of mine, just need an exhaust pipe first though
    I think woorlords comment was intended to be taken with a strong dose of sarcasm!

You don't need real exhaust pipes anyway, look at the Lexus IS-F .......
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    I think woorlords comment was intended to be taken with a strong dose of sarcasm!

You don't need real exhaust pipes anyway, look at the Lexus IS-F .......
    I got that as for the real exhausts i did think of modding mine and hanging a dummy box on the offside, but hey if a jobs worth doing........

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Ive managed to master the position of my "growing" miltek pipes. I got the chavs at Kwik-Stitch to sort them for me. You noticed when the miltek is cold, they sit perfect but once they warmed up they start to grow.Something to do with the Mid and Box sections but think they only push out 5mm max now, I can live with that.
    Bet yours sounds mean with the 3.0 V6!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Kranker View Post
    Know what you mean, with the Miltek on mine my pipes stick out a bit much for my liking, you can read the 'Miltek' on top of the pipes by looking straight down. Not entirely happy about that but it seems with out cutting them the guys who fitted it reckon they cant get them back further. Must admit I have never looked but I would have thought there was some scope for adjustment.

Woorlord...your rear looks sweet!...that came out wrong....

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1wheelonly View Post
    cant understand why theres so mant different sizes though . your standard ones are alot smaller than my standard ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by vrbob View Post
    The originals looked really small cant believe that was how they were standard.
    Just checked the 2001 originals I had cut off and they are 70mm (2.75") external diameter - maybe a bit of an optical illusion?
    New ones are definitely 100mm.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J7USS View Post
    Bet yours sounds mean with the 3.0 V6!
    As I read on another recent thread - you can't beat displacement.

Neutral

Status
    As I read on another recent thread - you can't beat displacement.
    Ahhh yes the ol 'no replacement for cubic displacement'....of course that now means my next Audi has to be minimum 4.2

I must admit every time I turn the key the sound of the V6 through the Miltek brings a smile to my face
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport, Xenons, Black Leather, Bose, 18' RS4's, Sunroof, Armrest, Milltek

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    It brings me a smile on my 1.8t so dread to think what state id get in when I turn the 4.2 over

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status
    Visited my nearest Powerflow dealer in Ipswich at the weekend for fitting of my pre-ordered 100mm sloping tips and thought I'd post up the before and after pictures......

Before:

AFTER:

Got my car booked in for tomorrow to get the same tips fitted as mine are all corroded
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmeagain View Post
    Got my car booked in for tomorrow to get the same tips fitted as mine are all corroded
    Nice one - post up some pics when it's done

BahnStormer

Status
    that is amazing.... perfect blend of beefy and aggressive, but not looking aftermarket.... respect!
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status
    Nice one - post up some pics when it's done
    Just hoping that mine look as good as yours
    Last edited by itsmeagain; 24th June 2010 at 18:19.
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.