ABS Problem - need part

JohnboyC

Reaction score
OK..from a previous posting I wrote about my ABS fault.....i.e. ABS amber dash warning & the ESP warning indicators both on.

Checked it out with VAG-COM......it suggested right rear wheel sensor giving an inplausible reading...

Anyways took car to get new wheel sensor fitted...as this was deteremined as the likley fault.....and guess what - got called by the garage "errr got a problem" in that the ABS sensor ring on the rear hub (looks like a CV joint) is spinning around - i.e. its no longer fixed solidly on the hub/CV joint.....

So, just spent £70 odd on a new sensor & £30 fitting only to find I now need a new bl**dy hub/CV joint at £128 + fitting + VAT.....
Apparently there are none in stock with Audi and I will have to wait a couple of weeks before one is imported from Germany....
The Part Number I need is 8E0 598 099AX so if anyone has got one can they let me know....I have tried Audi & EuroCarparts - none available.....so where else can I get one....
Cheers

Stick it in position with strong threadlock or get it tack welded, you have nothing to lose