Spare Key help!

twist123

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a used A4 but I only received one key with it, basically I know I need a key matching the number and frequency on the inside of the key. So im planning on buying a used key with a 'virgin' transponder & blank blade for cutting then hoping someones nearby to program the key for me.

So, am I understanding this correctly in what I need to do and also is there anyone with Vagcom in Kent (Ashford, Canterbury or around there etc.) That can actually program keys (I will pay!).

Many thanks

Just for comparison I had the same problem but went down the expensive, but convenient, route of going to my local Audi dealer. They wanted to see the log book to prove I was the new owner but they then ordered a new key fob and a blade that had already been cut as appropriate (approx £115). This took a few days to arrive and then I had to go back for them to code it (another £60). So £175 in total - ouch!, but then I figured the consequences of losing the only key could have cost far more.

At the risk of stating the obvious I assume you will be having both your keys (old and new) coded with a new code - just in case the original, and 'missing', spare key suddenly finds itself being used to drive away your new pride and joy in the middle of the night!

Got my new key, can anyone reprogramme it for me to my car? Thanks