sorry to ask this again

simon.m

Reaction score
sorry to ask but im looking into the vag-com are any of the ebay ones any good i whant it for faults
more so than to play with lights and so on and dont have the cash for the £500 pound one so any input would be grate

thanks guys

Ive had no problems with my blue lead from hongkong for £15 think there cheaper now and bought the vagcom licience for $99 around £55 at the time this is the 409 version and is serving me good.

with out the licience does it still work for most stuff or not at all

£500 ?????????? where are you getting that price from, pm nige ( NHN ) hell do you one for around £250 for a genuine fully leicenced one with full support

It gives you limited usage only some of the features are available cant remember what is and what isn't.

£500, christ, maybe over on the Briskoda Group Buy but not from me, £244 delivered mate for a geuine single purchase, gives you full unrestricted access & for updates future wise, PM for more info.

haha ok so your on a proper vag.com then

yes mate, dont get me wrong, i tried the copy route too, ended up having a few as some didnt work etc, then found i was to restricted etc. i guess its all down to cost but to be fair it pays for itself over time.
genuine is the route to go over all.

one day ill have the cash for it but till then ill just have to use audi :sorry:

****** hell simon ! a few visits to audi and you could buy a geuine cable.
dont use them mate, surely theres someone near you with vagcom, have you checked out the map that staz created showing everyone thats has it and the area they cover

i think some one give me the map before but cant find it now and i dont think there is any one around me

I have the "ebay" cable and its basically useless without a licenced copy of the software so i have bought the bullet and bought a genuine ross tech one (on the GB on Briskoda) as i am gonna do some retrofits so it pays to have my own proper cable. Plus when it comes to coding and fault finding working out what it means with the guys on here.

If you can afford it PM NHN and get a cable especially if you plan to staic with the VAG group for a while and as 1Wheel rightly says the cable pays for itself after 10 goes as any garage would charge £25 to scan your car.

To be honest for what we want it will do "if licenced" you are not a garage so wont need it regular you can only retro fit so much or you have a compleatly f**ked car to sort out. The prestige of having a full vag-com lead for £250+ in my eyes is not worth the mods you can get for that money so £75 lead and licience witch would allow you enough for HIDS, CRUISE,AMBIANT and FAN WASHERS if the lead screws up after a bit £10 wont break the bank also he is saying that if you are not happy he will give you your money back also he is offering support via a mobile no. pay via paypal your covered and vag-com offer support on licienced software! not the lead though as its third party. once licienced it will do the same as a genuine lead. i have it working on vista at the time this was so hard to do,now even rosstech wiki you can find all the info to run it on many operating systems i say go for it. now this will miff a few but if you dont try you'l never know and there is a welth of knowledge help you on here

I might be biased as i am now getting a proper cable but also just wanted to point out if you do have the ross tech cable i have seen them sell secondhand on ebay for £200 so net cost after use to you is £50.

well im really after it just for fault finding but if any one has one near me id be more than happy to give a few pounds to have them look at my car till i get sorted

im also in the midlands and will gladly help for beer tokens. now then A4nut, if hes near the midlands i wounder which cable would get the beer tokens???? lol

well im really after it just for fault finding but if any one has one near me id be more than happy to give a few pounds to have them look at my car till i get sorted

this is also a way of getting a return on your cable, mines easily paid for itself now, along with whats already been mentioned above, youll easily get £200 back for it.
id sell mine on here so save the ebay fees !!! lol

in in thanet in kent if any wants beer tokens or any othere tokens lol thanks for the offer a4 nut and 1wheelonly you selling yours lol

lol no mate sorry, if i sold you mine, then id have to keep going to meet A4nut with his cheapo copy lmfao..

I agree. When I looked into the Vagcom, I also looked at cheap leads but in the end I thought well if something suddenly started to feel different with the running of my Car then least I get a chance to sort it myself and wont be restriced as you are with the cheaper lead.
What usually happens when something goes wrong with your Car? - You take it to your Mechanic or Audi....who then suggest they scan it....for a Fee....F**k that, robbing Scum. Least with your own you stand chance of sorting it yourself and saving yourself some serious money. 100% worth buying without doubt and its not just only saved me Money but saved me a load of 'Sleepless Nights'.

The lead is not the soft ware with a third party lead you buy the licience off ross tech you can even make your own lead and they will sell you the full licience you can do the same at a fraction of the cost relilability is down to the lead if set up right there is no problems and you can sleep at night.

fair doos a4, i guess for your use its fit for purpose, i had one i used a fair bit then it started stating stuff about regisration, i called them about this and tried to do what youve done and they told me i couldnt.
obviously the only time i ran into probs with it was when i ****** needed it.
in the end i took everyones preaching ( which your now getting ) lol on board and got myself a genuine one.
are you sure you can do everything on yours, can you use it on all vags ? just curious mate, i was restricted with my copy.

I can do every thing 409 allows you to do plugged it in to loads of cars from programming central conv on a2 to finding coilpack an TT pluss all the problems ive had on mine it is not restricted in any way as i have a licience it is not A copy! I down loaded the software off ROSS-TECH and paid $99 for the licience.

so i found this the guy says it a genuine vag.com lead so any input :icon_thumright:

ELM 327 car diagnostics USB VAG-COM fault code interface cable for OBDII protocols.

START YOUR ENGINES!!! Turn you laptop into a powerful diagnostic station with the ultimate in DIY car maintenance products. Perform amazing real-time diagnostics of your own car, all you need is this ELM 327 USB to OBDII 16 pin interface cable, a laptop and your car. Feel the rush of instantly modifying settings and clearing errors in your vehicle from the comfort of your laptop computer. This USB enabled VAG-COM cable will save you a ton of money by enabling you to analyze your cars errors and view results within minutes. Just install the software provided with this product and you can diagnose the problem without the need of making a costly trip to the repair shop.

Capable of performing the simplest task such as reading and displaying codes plus monitoring real time data, to the most complex tasks like exporting data to spreadsheet, recording graph data, and much more. This VAG-COM interface cable makes a very handy tool to have in your garage, whether you are just an average car owner who does some of their own car maintenance to the true professional mechanic.

That wont work with latest vagcom at all, only genuine interfaces work with the software, waste of time & its very old interface as its actually a serial cable which is very outdated & requires a serial to usb adapter, pointless waste of money.

ok i can not find where you plug the vag-com in and is it a 16 pin one that i have :sorry:

ha nope still looking have found a few real vag-com for sale so hoping to get one but was just thinking whats the lowest you sel them for i mean
if i just want the starer price with the basic fault finding oh and was not sure where to plug it in lol

The plugs above the accelerator pedal just under where the trim finishes.

I cant help you on the number of pins I'm afraid, but it's easy to see when you find the port.

and there was me looking in all the wrong places lol you not got one then james ? oh i looked the elsawin up ill be getting one of thoughs seems much beter than the hanz book