passenger side windows...help!

tommac

Reaction score
odd one this, the electric windows on both front and rear passenger doors wont work via the switches- the switches are also not lighting up with lights on. I can open them and close them via the drivers door controls tho....any tips on where to start?!

PS car is a 2004 a4 saloon

may be the fues mate or you have broken wiers

had exact same problem mate then the front ones went and my lights started flickering alot inside the cabin if i put them on while moving. problem was the convienince module that controls all the electrics of the car. had to get it replaced to fix the prob.

thanks for responses chaps, ill check the fuses first! Where is the module located?

no probs mate if its the module its located under the carpet under the driver's feet. If you choose to replace it yourself... remove the kick panel, to the left of your left foot, then the door sill molding. Then you can lift the carpet to access the black plastic box that the controller is mounted in. Un clip it from the floor, open the box and replace the controller. The part you will have the most problem with is retrieving the "soft code" of the old unit and programming that code into the new controller. You need a factory capable scanner to do so. you will also need to have your remotes reprogrammed to match the new module.

thanks guys will haev a look over the weekend- think its the module at fault as the windows work via the drivers controls...weird! any ideas on replacement costs?

shouldnt be too costly mate mines was under warrenty so not sure what it cost but i would maybe try a scrap yard and see if theres any a4 b6s u could take the module from and get it fitted by an auto electrician to keep costs low.