EM TuningSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

A4 concert stereo system volume knob....

I habe a dodgy volume knob on my A4 ( 53 ) plate, when you go to turn it up, you have to be very careful, or it turn s back down to 0, any ideas?....

2. # ADS
    ADS

Loving the anonymity

Status
    I am not sure if this will work, but well worth a try. When the stereo is off, turn the knob quite fast in both directions, almost being a little rougher than normal. Sometimes the contacts can go funny, as they're hardly used and this may remove any tarnish type effect it has had. It used to happen on an old stereo of mine all the time, and this always cured the problem for a week or so, lol.

However, this may not work :P

1st Gear

Status
    I have the same on my Concert II. If the volume control is turned up quickly, it reduces in volume!
    I think, (and i may be wrong), that it's supposed to do that. The only way to turn it up, is move the volume knob slowly.
    I must admit - it's an annoying feature. I presume it does that so the volume can't be accidentally turned to 'mega' decibels, and deafen everybody.
    I wish I could disable the feature, though.
    2003 A4 Avant 2.5TDi 180 Quattro Sport in Light Metallic Silver, Remapped to 220 by ProTec Motorsport, RS4 18" x 8J reps, Falken F452 tyres, 10mm H+R Spacers, Matt Aluminium Mirror Covers, Heated Mirrors, S4 Door Blades, Continental TS830p Winter Tyres on 5 star 17" Sport Alloys

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Oh, I think I may have misunderstood then, lol! Yeah, that's a kindof cool, but annoying feature then isn't it?! Kindof like the low washer warning...good for a while, but annoying when it won't shut up.

Neutral

Status
    Not a "feature" unfortunately, a common issue. Try Crazy's tip, maybe see if you can get some contact cleaner or IPA in there at the same time but I fear your button is just knackered.
    '04 A4 Avant 1.8T Quattro LE - Retrofitted: RNS-E, Bluetooth, front centre ambient lights, full DIS, cruise control, alcantara steering wheel, more to follow....

Gone but not forgotten - '98 A3 1.6 SE, '01 S3, '01 A4 1.8T Quattro SE, '02 TTC 225, '04 A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line DSG

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I've heard of this before, as mentioned it's sadly not a feature, more of a fault!!

I think the HU can be sent off for repair, or else replaced. Maybe someone like Andymac can advise better.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

1st Gear

Status
    Apologies - I thought it was a "feature", and not a fault. I'll try crazy88's tip - and see if it works.
    Thanks to all for the info.
    2003 A4 Avant 2.5TDi 180 Quattro Sport in Light Metallic Silver, Remapped to 220 by ProTec Motorsport, RS4 18" x 8J reps, Falken F452 tyres, 10mm H+R Spacers, Matt Aluminium Mirror Covers, Heated Mirrors, S4 Door Blades, Continental TS830p Winter Tyres on 5 star 17" Sport Alloys

1st Gear

Status
    Well, bless my soul!!!
    Did, as crazy88 suggested - with the unit switched off, moved the volume knob fast in both directions - and, surprise, surprise - the control is working perfectly now!
    The question is - for how long, though?
    Answers on a postcard. . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .