S4 electric windows

TURBOTRONICS

Reaction score
Can some one tell me if it’s me doing some thing wrong or if it is an actual fault?

Some times when i park up and wind the window up it then just comes back down half way to a cretin point all by its self and no matter how many times I send it back up it just comes back down to the same point even if I take the key out the ignition
This can go on for some time till I must do something what I don’t know but it will eventually stay up
What the hell is it?

Do they drop to a couple of cm from the top?

If they do its a safety feature so that animals and children dont hurt themselves in the windows. If the friction gets too great or if the window 'thinks' it is hitting something it automatically drops down a couple of cm.

You could try lubricating the guides to reduce the friction with a silicon spray? (Check the silicon spray, there is probably a better product out there like a teflon spray that is used on boats.)

If that doesnt do it you may have a broken electric window cable guide in the door. Unlikely as these were redesigned for the B6's etc with a metal insert to prevent this but stranger things have happened. Really easy fix if you have an hour and about £3.90 for the part.

Start with the window guides first before taking your door apart!

They drop down about 6 inch but I have noticed if I press the window lock button once or twice they start working again but iv only tried this the last time they went wrong so I will have to wait for them to go wrong again
I do have some silicon spray so I will try it any way but the wife did get her fingers caught in the passenger side not to long back and she said it just tried to crush her fingers rather that opening
I think I will try this on a carrot out the fridge rather that on my fingers