AH FabricationsBadger5
    2nd Gear

Status

Seat Back Panel - Broken

Hi Guys,
    Got a broken back on my drivers seat. Looks like the bottom clips are broken, but im not too sure how i can take it off to fix. These are the pictures i've managed to take. Can any let me know how i can remove this and fix it?

This is looking up a the connections

Thanks
    Graham

2. # ADS
    ADS

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    The top has sprung clips so should pull out - although may be safer to use a trim-priser.
    I think you can see the 3 clips at the top of the 2nd picture.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    hi there

I had the same problem and you can buy a seat repair kit from audi for about 8 - 10 from memory - theres a how to with photos somewhere on the forum. il have a dig about
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Woorlord View Post
    The top has sprung clips so should pull out - although may be safer to use a trim-priser.
    I think you can see the 3 clips at the top of the 2nd picture.
    I've tried but i was worreid about making it worse. Will have another go this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by swarcup View Post
    hi there

I had the same problem and you can buy a seat repair kit from audi for about 8 - 10 from memory - theres a how to with photos somewhere on the forum. il have a dig about
    Thanks for that, i will check with Audi.

If you could dig that out it would be great! I couldn't seem to find it.

CHeers
    Graham
    Audi A4 TDi 130 Sport

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by swarcup View Post
    hi there

Really , i was not told they had one, my daughter has made a bit of a mess with mine too when she sits in the back.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkster View Post
    Really , i was not told they had one, my daughter has made a bit of a mess with mine too when she sits in the back.
    I have this problem too, at the moment if I slide the passenger seat forward a bit her feet don't reach the seat back. But this is only a temporary fix lol!

What does the repair kit consist of?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    The kit consists of 2 metal clips that fit into the slot near the bottom of the seat back and hook over the rear of the actual seat. Simply they just replace the plastic ones that are moulded onto the seat back itself, the plastic ones tend to snap off when you push back on the seat trying to remove something from your pocket. I repaired mine from a how to with photos but i have searched and searched but cannot find it now. will keep trying though.

found this although not the one im after http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...highlight=seat
    Last edited by swarcup; 23rd March 2010 at 12:09.
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi Guys,

Been to Audi this morning to order the bits that are needed.

They do a fixing kit (ithink this is the right bits). It includes 2 clips and a velcro strip.

The 2 clips will hopefully attach to the seat back and then pop into the back of the seat. Will let you know how i get on...

Cheers
    G.
    Audi A4 TDi 130 Sport

2nd Gear

Status
    Audi A4 TDi 130 Sport

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    Thats the one, the velcro strip is self adhesive and although there are no instructions i fitted mine to the seat where the new clip will sit to stop any rattling noises and scratching of the seat.

2nd Gear

Status
    When i get mine i will take pictures so everyone else knows. Seems to be a recuring problem!

Cheers
    G.
    Audi A4 TDi 130 Sport

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    The only problem with mine is that the plastic seat back gets scuffed by the underneath of my daughters feet!
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Four Ring Fanatic

Status
    on closer inspection you will probably find that the lumbar support has broken causing the seat back to be pushed out breaking the securing clips. i have got the same problem with mine but just haven't had time to order the parts with PJMSpeedy to fix it. you can tell if the lumbar support has broken by placing your hand on the lowest cushion/lumbar part of the seat and if it is very lose/slack and not taut it is broken, luckily its a very easy fix...

have a look at this diy guide: Lumbar Support Replacement
    A4 2.5 TDi quattro sport saloon
    RNS-E DVD Nav running SW 0600 with 2007 disc including TMC function, Bluetooth Telephone, Audi iPod Interface
    18" RS6's now gone, replaced by OEM 18" S4 alloys
    Retrofit S-Line Bodykit
    Retrofit OEM Xenon's
    Retrofit Front Ambient Lighting
    Retrofit OEM Aero Wipers (thanks PJMSpeedy)

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1210tech View Post
    on closer inspection you will probably find that the lumbar support has broken causing the seat back to be pushed out breaking the securing clips. i have got the same problem with mine but just haven't had time to order the parts with PJMSpeedy to fix it. you can tell if the lumbar support has broken by placing your hand on the lowest cushion/lumbar part of the seat and if it is very lose/slack and not taut it is broken, luckily its a very easy fix...

have a look at this diy guide: Lumbar Support Replacement
    After looking again this morning it looks like my lumbar support has broken. I've checked on ETKA and the part is just over 50 including VAT. So this will need doing before the clips are replaced.
    Audi A4 TDi 130 Sport

Four Ring Fanatic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by iyrix View Post
    After looking again this morning it looks like my lumbar support has broken. I've checked on ETKA and the part is just over 50 including VAT. So this will need doing before the clips are replaced.
    yeah, PJMSpeedy quoted me about 53 plus p&p, he will be able to get you one too, drop him a PM
    A4 2.5 TDi quattro sport saloon
    RNS-E DVD Nav running SW 0600 with 2007 disc including TMC function, Bluetooth Telephone, Audi iPod Interface
    18" RS6's now gone, replaced by OEM 18" S4 alloys
    Retrofit S-Line Bodykit
    Retrofit OEM Xenon's
    Retrofit Front Ambient Lighting
    Retrofit OEM Aero Wipers (thanks PJMSpeedy)

1st Gear

Status
    I've just had this happen to me.
    On taking the back of the seat off the lumbar support is broken as well.
    Have ordered the seat repair clips and new lumbar support from TPS, they should be here in the morning for me to fit them using THIS excellent link posted above.
    HERE is the guide for the repair kit.
    Part numbers:
    Lumbar support: 8E0-881-891
    Seat repair kit: 8E0-898-035
    Thanks to everyone
    Last edited by JimLoskot; 14th June 2010 at 09:50.
    2.5 tdi Quattro sport - PhatBox - DIS - Cruise - RS4 ARB - Remap - and a few other minor mods/retrofits
    2.0 TFSI A4 b7 cab - completely std for now... (the wife's car)