Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
    5th Gear

Status

Does my car have can-bus

Morning all, i wish to do a mod with my main beam and foglights,(basically all will come on with full beam but the fog lights still remain useable as conventional fog lights i did this on a 306 estate i had before the A4, however ther seem to be a little confusion as to wheather my car has the can-bus system, i have no bulb out warning if that helps, she's a 2002 1.9tdi sport if that helps,
    Thanks in advance,
    Matt
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

2. # ADS
    ADS

cabriolet

Status
    youll be fine matt your running k-line not canbus
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    sorry for the nievety but is there an explanation about for the difference in can-bus and k-line
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboyc View Post
    Morning all, i wish to do a mod with my main beam and foglights,(basically all will come on with full beam but the fog lights still remain useable as conventional fog lights i did this on a 306 estate i had before the A4, however ther seem to be a little confusion as to wheather my car has the can-bus system, i have no bulb out warning if that helps, she's a 2002 1.9tdi sport if that helps,
    Thanks in advance,
    Matt
    I'd never thought of doing this, but I quite like the idea of it too

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by swarcup View Post
    sorry for the nievety but is there an explanation about for the difference in can-bus and k-line
    I've just wikipedia'd them both:

Controllerarea network (CAN or CAN-bus) is a vehicle bus standard designed to allow microcontrollers and devices to communicate with each other within a vehicle without a host computer.
    "K" Line, is a very large Japanese shipping company which moves Japanese cargo around the world.
    I'm more confused than ever now
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

cabriolet

Status
    Dual K-Lines:
    Depending on equipment level, the "new" Audi A4 can have so many control modules in it that putting them all on the same ISO9141 bus (K-Line) would exceed some of the electrical characteristics allowed by the spec. To get around this problem, the new A4 may have two K-lines. In "basic" cars, all control modules are on K1. In a car loaded with options, most control modules will be connected to K1 and will be accessible using all standard ISO9141 interfaces. However, a few modules may be connected to K2 instead of K1. We've heard from Europe that cars with Xenon headlights have the second K-line and cars without Xenon's don't, but we're not 100% sure this is is the the dividing line in North American cars.

The dealers' solution is to put a VAS-6017 adapter between the scan-tool and the car. This device acts as an intelligent switch, making an automatic determination which K-Line a control module is connected to. The VAS-6017 works fine with the interface adapters supplied with VAG-COM, but it is pricey, expect to pay over $200 if you want to buy one of these. Naturally, a less expensive solution is available to VAG-COM users. All of our current Interfaces fully support for the dual K-lines.
    KWP-2000:
    A number of the control modules in the new A4 use the new KWP-2000 protocols for the data-transport layer. KWP-2000 has some different features from the KWP-1281 protocol, see our Function Chart for details. You should use the latest version of VAG-COM for the most complete functionality.
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!

6th Gear

Status
    All B6s have more than 1 CAN bus (Powertrain, Infotainment & Comfort) at least one of these is connected to the many (over 30) control modules for communication with the rest of the car.

BUT all B6s only use a dual K-line (K1, K2 or K,L depending on who you talk to) for diagnostics.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5