b6 Avant boot trim piece removal - access to wiper

Jimmeh

Reaction score
Hi all..

So i'm hoping to de-wiper the rear of the Avant. Clean things up a little.. (plus, I can't use it at the minute anyway due to external sign-writing)

I've found the four torx-screws. Two either side of the panel and two in the cubby-hole where the warning triangle would usually sit.. After this, "pop pop, pop, pop*.. Four 'pillars' with a clip on were released successfully. But now, I am stuck.

There is resistance from the upper parts at the back (where it meets the window)

For the life of me, I can't figure it out.

Can anyone shed some light here!!?

TIA

Jim

Jim, I've been there too!! How are your knuckles? Mine bled after trying to get that trim off.

I tried everything to get it to release at the top and got nowhere (other than bloodier knuckles lol)

I only had to dry the boot out and refit the washer pipe as mine popped off when the jet froze ,so I didn't bother taking the trim fully off in the end.

However, when I was trying to get the spring clips to locate back in their holes to get the trim back on the bl**dy top section released and the whole thing came off in my hand. Typical!

So my advice would be try and square the whole trim up as if you were trying to get the spring clips back in their holes. I'm guessing the trim has to come off totally square otherwise it jams at the top.

This might give you some hints:

Tailgate1.jpg

Tailgate2.jpg