After B6 Quattro 190, But.....

j033y

Reaction score
How do i know for sure that it is a 190 S Line version, and not the prior 163bhp sport model that someone has added S Line goodies too?

I know to look for sill badges, but these can be added!

Anything else obvious? 6 speed box etc?

Any help appreciated, or if you want to sell me yours in a couple of months that would do haha.

Just starting to gather research together!

Cheers :readit:

remove engine cover and it has BEX on the block in the bottom right.

Mine is a 163 Sport and is 5 speed. As far as I know the 190's are all 6 speed

Mine is a 163 Sport and is 5 speed. As far as I know the 190's are all 6 speed

This could help, anyone confirm this?

Other than that thanks for the help. Getting giddy about buying one, not even found one yet, but looking at RNS-e's already!

great choice.... a 190 S-Line is a cracking motor!

oretty sure it should say on the log book (chekc for kW rating)

and once you get it... get it rolling roaded.... there was somebody on here a month or so back that checked his and even though all the hardware was correct, it was running 163bbhp... so a BIG difference when he remapped it to about 230bhp!!

The 190 has a 6 speed gear box, BEX on engine block. 2004 was the year they made the sport into what is known now as the S-Line.
1.Check the car is a 2004.
2. Check engine is stamped BEX
3. Log book.
4. 6 speed for 190
5. All four door seal's should have S-Line logo
Mine also has s-line logo on steering wheel.

Last edited:
^ what they said :) plus data sticker in spare wheel well and front of service book specifies the engine output in kw's, then just convert to bhp in google.

2004 registered 04 or 54 plate, BEX engine code , Half leather interiour, black roof lining, 6 speed box, s-line badge on rear door strips, check tyres are 235/40/18 as lots of reps are running 225, obviously s-line bumpers and door blades. Mines the 190 s-line quattro in maritius blue pearl and looks absolutely stunning. Also the emissions are 226g/km on the 190 brake models, autotrader gives this information, although they have re-banded these cars into a lower band so road tax is £230 ish, not the £400+ it could have been!!!! Cam belt should have already been done (60K miles or 5 yrs) + waterpump , check history and lots of oil changes.

Thanks for all your help people, am getting giddy.

Just sorting out sending my Golf to get fron bumper sprayed, then it's getting mopped, then plate off, then LM's refurbed, then for sale!!

Started looking now though for a 190 Quattro, there are not many around... Starting to worry i will never get one, but have a few months, so fingers crossed!!

Cheers

I had no trouble with mine lol got given 7 days to find a car and just sort of ended up with it. Stunning cars though :)

Well people i said a couple of months, but tonight i put a deposit on an Akoya Silver 190 Quattro. Half leather, cruise, seems to have full DIS as it aws telling me distance travlled in time etc, has done 60,000 miles fsh, very happy with it, cant wait to pick it up on Friday.... need to sell my Golf now, anyone want a Golf haha!!!

AKOYA SILVER, Snap and some more snap. When i was looking for my 190t, it had tobe Akoya Silver. The colour pop's nice when the sun come's out.

Well people i said a couple of months, but tonight i put a deposit on an Akoya Silver 190 Quattro. Half leather, cruise, seems to have full DIS as it aws telling me distance travlled in time etc, has done 60,000 miles fsh, very happy with it, cant wait to pick it up on Friday.... need to sell my Golf now, anyone want a Golf haha!!!
òut fo interest what did you pay for her and what year is it?

Look forward to seeing some pics come the weekend :icon_thumright: