A4 with BOSE........ Intermittent buzzing speaker

sc00byd00byd00

Frank and Beans...............
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've been faffing round with this for ages, I had a auto electrician come round and diagnose a blown speaker.......

So finally got round to fitting it tonight and the speaker sprung into life, but when I closed the door, the buzzing came back again :(

It has a Nokia CK-7W car kit fitted but i'm convinced its something to do with the wiring, so it wasn't a blown speak after all.

Anybody got an idea's what can be causing this ???

What's the history on your head unit - original Concert / Symphony / RNS-E?
Any headunit upgrades with wiring adaptors?
How is your Nokia Handsfree wired into the stereo - if at all ?

Had some buzzing on my BOSE when I retrofitted RNS-E, found out that I had been supplied a non-Bose wiring adaptor - just needed to make sure all 4 channels of the pre-out were fed to the Bose amp and this solved the problem. Adaptor only had rear signals feeding to amp. Perhaps one of your pre-amp signals is intermittent? Check each channel for sound - use Fader & Balance controls to do this. Ideally check with an Audio test CD.

What's the history on your head unit - original Concert / Symphony / RNS-E?
Any headunit upgrades with wiring adaptors?
How is your Nokia Handsfree wired into the stereo - if at all ?

Had some buzzing on my BOSE when I retrofitted RNS-E, found out that I had been supplied a non-Bose wiring adaptor - just needed to make sure all 4 channels of the pre-out were fed to the Bose amp and this solved the problem. Adaptor only had rear signals feeding to amp. Perhaps one of your pre-amp signals is intermittent? Check each channel for sound - use Fader & Balance controls to do this. Ideally check with an Audio test CD.

Its RNS-E with BOSE. Not retrofitted as far as I know !

Its only the front o/s speaker that is intermittent though. When I finally managed to get the door card off last night (I was being a wuss cos I was trying not to break the clips) and also trying not to rip my hands to shreds in the process - which I failed)

I fitted the new speaker, tested and whoo hooooooo, all was ok, then listening to the stereo, when I closed the door, it was almost as though there was a loose connection. Speaker stopped working, and buzzing came back. It does the same sort of thing of you hit a pothole so i'm guessing its a loose connection somewhere but i'm out of my depth on this one !!

Perhaps there is an intermittent break in the wire between the a-pillar plug and the door?
Have you tried "wiggling" the wires in the rubber gaitor when the door is open with the stereo on?

Perhaps there is an intermittent break in the wire between the a-pillar plug and the door?
Have you tried "wiggling" the wires in the rubber gaitor when the door is open with the stereo on?

Yeah, no joy, I can't "force it" to make the buzz, it just happens when it wants to :(