single to double

head

Reaction score
just wondering is it possible to go from single to double din head unit? my car is a late 2001 saloon,i was looking at it and i think i will ave to trim the sides of the heater controls to move them down so the double will fit,but it was just the wiring im wondering about

It is indeed posssible and a very popular mod but depends on what you want to fit, if you want to fit a genuine audi double dinn head unit or to fit rnse you will need to fit a double dinn cage, trim your centre consol and also the heater controls.

easy mod, takes a while though, youll need a double din cage ( about 50 quid ) off the bay and yes will have to trim climate unit either side.
as for the wiring there are plenty of loom adapters out there, just depends what your thinking of putting in

cheers fellas.i knew i needed the surround it was more the wiring side of things.im thinking of putting in a alpine double dinnwhen i get some spare cash

You may find up-grading to anything other than a audi set up will result in a complete change (if you like your music anyway) i put a kenwood system in mine and to be honest the sound is crap compared to the original set up, but as i am not really that fussed, (the full ipod control,sat nav,dvd player and tv sort of make up for it), only mention it as it will cost quite a bit of money to do it only to be dissapointed with the end result.