Back with another A4

vrbob

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Been out of the picture for a while but am back now and i have a different B6 Avant. My dodgy back has basically got pi55ed off using a clutch and decided to make my left leg hurt all the time so i have bit the bullet and bought an auto instead of the 6 speed manual.

So out with the 1.9TDi Quattro Sport and hello to the 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180Bhp Auto :w00t:

I managed to find one not too far from me and the spec was really good (see my Sig) and the price not too bad so i went for it and gotta say its been a great decision as driving is no longer painful!

I have already managed to fit RNSE and some white LED sidelights and i have a VCDS cable on order so once that arrives i will do the DIS upgrade on it and possibly Cruise Control too.

Here are a couple of piccies (clickable thumbnails):

Hi Guys,

Been out of the picture for a while but am back now and i have a different B6 Avant. My dodgy back has basically got pi55ed off using a clutch and decided to make my left leg hurt all the time so i have bit the bullet and bought an auto instead of the 6 speed manual.

So out with the 1.9TDi Quattro Sport and hello to the 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180Bhp Auto :w00t:

I managed to find one not too far from me and the spec was really good (see my Sig) and the price not too bad so i went for it and gotta say its been a great decision as driving is no longer painful!

I have already managed to fit RNSE and some white LED sidelights and i have a VCDS cable on order so once that arrives i will do the DIS upgrade on it and possibly Cruise Control too.

Here are a couple of piccies (clickable thumbnails):

Nice looking Avant there:icon_thumright: J7USS will be pleased annother Avant owner:respekt:

Cheers,

Yeah i much prefer this car to my 1.9TDi the colour is much nicer and i really like the full Sline kit on this car with the original Audi 18" wheels.

Also as this car already had a double din stereo the RNSE upgrade was very easy to do and is a really nice addition.

Was also good when i read the owners manual and discovered that the mirrors folded in electrically as the previous owner did not know this.

In regards to remap / tuning boxes whats the best way to go with the 2.5 diesels?? My car does have an auto box but i think from what i have read that it is the stronger version with 5 forward gears so it should be able to handle any extra power ok.

Also what needs to be serviced regularly on these engines as i am not getting great MPG at the mo and it does like to put out a bit of a cloud of whitish smoke when it starts every so often.

i have my VCDS cable on order so once that arrives i will give it a scan but until then any info i get is useful

I got a good price secondhand on a DPT tuning box which I would recommend.

Whats the mileage? Make sure the timing belt and all ancillaries are changed every 60k (despite Audi recommending 80k...) The white smoke could be anumber of things, fuel filter, injectors. Maybe worth a VAGcom scan to check everything is in order.

Cheers James,

So are the tuning boxes for diesels as good as a remap?? if so what sort of cost are they and are there any brands to look for/avoid??

As for the white smoke i am in the process of getting a VAGcom cable in the groupbuy over on briskoda but it seems to have had a slight delay in the purchase so as soon as i get it i will scan and see what it says. At the mo the car has just done 100K and the belts were done at i think 60-70K so should be good for another 20K or so. I am defo gonna get a service done on the car over easter so that should help too.

Nice one :)

The remap vs tuning box argument will no doubt run and run, each have their own pro's and con's - I'm very happy with my tuning box though. I can recommend my DPT one, but have no experience of any others.

Will have a looksie at some older threads and see what info i can find. At the mo i wanna get my DIS and possibly Cruise sorted and get it scanned to see if it flags up any issues i need to rectify before getting it serviced that done i will then look into tuning it for a bit more performance/mpg.