Recommended tyre size for B6 S4 Alloys

A4 quattro

Reaction score
Hi,
I hoped someone could please advise.
I have a set of Audi S4Wheels from a B6 S4. 18". Just wanted to know if there would be any issues fitting 225/40/18 tyres on as opposed to the 235/40/18 recommended by Audi. Is there any major issues i.e increased noise,poor ride etc.? Will be greatful for any help.

Thanks

235X40X18 STANDARD ON ALL AUDI A4'S WITH 18'S

Hi,
thanks for the reply, I am aware of the Audi recommended size, I just wanted to know if 225/40/18's would cause any serious issues?
Thank you

No you will not have any issues as the profile on both size's is the same 40.. As long as you stay with a 40 profile all will be ok, some boy's even run 215 for that stretch look.

i think 225.s are a bit narrow this is the size of tyre they supply on most of the wheel and tyre deals i think they are a lot more common than 235.s and therefore cheaper but i think they look a bit stretched and the alloy rim sticks out slightly past the side wall so they are easy to damage on kerbs and the like

Many thanks. It's just that they are a fair bit cheaper as well.

Yendall is correct in that 225 are a little narrow. I like the look of a wide tyre and a fan of poke, spacing the rear's out on the b6 make's the rear end look nice. The guy's state side run up to 255 on the rear's with a 10" wide rim.... nice

Thank you, has anyone got pictures of the 225 compared with a 235 - it's a long shot but thought I'd ask. Do you think putting 225's would spoil the look?

A4Q I think you will notice it more from looking from the rear of the car rather than the side look as both are a 40 profile.

Yes, I meant from the rear end of the car. Cheers for all the advice

Both 235's and 225's are within the recommended 2.5% difference in circumference so that won't give you any problems. Stcik with 235's though as 225's tend to be an A3 size, and I think don't look proportionally right :icon_thumright:

My cab came with 225s which were badly kerbed. New 245x40x18 from a B8 are going on next week. All the comments about stretched look, easily kerbed and looking small are true. I'd stick with the proper tyres.

mine are 225 and are stretched more than i thought they would, ride is fine etc, makes rims look a little bigger due to stretch i guess but as above, it leaves them very vunrable to kerbs !

sorry for the poor pic, not exactly a good shot of whats needed but might help a little

01082009136.jpg

Thanks very much for all the advice, 235's it is then. Just to let people know, I did find a place for those in the NW area around cheshire, manc ,liverpool areas for tyres. The site is allnewtyres.co.uk based in Macclesfield. Some good prices and they also fit.