DIS? is it some sort of audi slang respect?

j033y

Reaction score
well no, in honesty i know its the driver information screen. presume its the screen that tells you your mpg miles to empty, washer fluid left etc.

So whats the deal with this, been reading through loads of threads, and people seem to upgrade them? do A4's not have this as standard? seems bizzare have it on my V reg Golf?

Although the screen is bigger on Audis. But for the life of me i can't find any info on what comes as standard, and why people upgrade? for what gains?

Again, i apologise, i have searched, but genuinley when i type "dis" into search, it comes back with no posts found!!! :sadlike:

So who want's to show me a link or explain to me the differences.... god so many questions when you decide on a car, I dont want to miss out like i did when i bought the Golf, if i knew what i know now, I would of got a different golf!!

I know what you mean m8, my V plate Golf GTi had the full display in it and my Audi only has mpg left - I think it depends on the trim level of the car?

As standard (without DIS) it comes with only a display showing miles left to empty. With DIS activated, it shows avg mpg, current mpg, journey time, plus some other crap. I think it's also required for cruise control (hence why people often do the two upgrades at the same time).

As for your older golf having it...welcome to Audi, lol. My old 306 was electric everything, buy my A4 is only front electric windows. Audi remove eveerything to make their cars seem cheaper, but things soon add up to a lot when adding extras. For this reason you will notice that almost every other post is titles "can i retrofit....xxx". usually becuase the original owner didn't add it due to expense. It's all the fun of it though. :rockwoot:

The ****** Germans... they like to confuse matters!

well i think it will be a 1.8T Q S Line i will get. so god knows what level of spec they have!

Cheers though.

Is it just a vag com thing to turn it on?

Add the correct wiper(dis) stalk with the controls and reset button and enable with vag-com and your away. if your looking at a 1.8t check out the oil pick up issue they can develop theres a few threads on here, just a heads up and by no means a stay away cause there mint cars and also highly tunable :icon_thumright:

Full DIS gives you:
* Driving time
* Instant mpg
* Average mpg
* Average speed
* DTE

There are two memories, one that resets after the car has been turned off for two hours, and one that dispays a cumulative total.

DIS will also give you bulb out warnings, and a low washer fluid level warning - (this requires another sensor which I think is a bit more work and often overlooked).

My VW has a lot on the computer and my A4 only has whats left in the tank (no d.i.s.)
i miss whats left in the tank in the dub as they dont tend to have it
i find it the most useful of them all the rest im not bothered with to be honest .

Having had several Passats with various computer memory functions I do miss the elapsed mileage from ignition switch on which is not on the A4 full DIS.