Folding door mirrors query

JohnboyC

Reaction score
My Bruv In Laws Saab 93 Aero has auto mirrors and if he starts up car and pulls away (with mirrors still folded) at 20mph they unfold.....

So can I VAGcom the car to auto unfold my A4 door mirrors at 20mph ....

Yeah I know its a noddy thing to simply hit the mirror control knob and do it...but I was just wondering....and no I am not considering buying a Saab either :sadlike:

You realise that now you're going to start a "Can I retrofit folding mirrors thread?".....

Mine fold in and out at any speed :) The passenger one's a stretch at motorway speeds though ......

You realise that now you're going to start a "Can I retrofit folding mirrors thread?".....

Mine fold in and out at any speed :) The passenger one's a stretch at motorway speeds though ......

Thanks James.....felt a bit tired this morning at work.....that DID make me laugh !

Haha sorry I was being facetious - mine don't fold at all which annoys the hell out of me too!

I have to fold them manually, hence the motorway comment ;)

I don't know if you can do it via VAGcom, I'm not even sure what spec of cars come with electric folding mirrors, obviously S4's, and John's 2.5TDi, but my 2.5 doesn't. Maybe just because its older, but maybe it was an option on John's - I'll dig my spec sheets out tomorrow night :icon_thumright:

DARN! I was hoping you knew a secret.

Not even all S4s have them; it's just an option. No doubt an expensive one that few people paid for.

No cant be done with vagcom, yes its expensive to do from factory & retrofit relies on of course mirrors with motors, more wiring & door module version being capable of, its far from cheap.