JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
Results 1 to 34 of 34

Thread: Flat battery

  1. #1
    itsmeagain's Avatar
    1.8T Sport Cabriolet

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    435

    Flat battery

    Picked up my A4 convertible yesterday, drove it home with no real issues apart from an oil pressure warning light coming on. Pulled over checked the oil and it was fine. Then an emissions light came on, the car drives fine. But this morning the battery was flat, jump started the car and after being left for a while then its flat again. Hope its just the battery why its gone flat
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,178
    I would chuck the car back at the dealer you got the car from, warning lights & flat battery are not good signs of a well maintained car.

  4. #3
    J7USS's Avatar
    Shuddup Foooool!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    LEICESTER
    Posts
    3,671
    Ohhhhh No! the dreaded oil light!!

    ...do you want me to continue....?

  5. #4
    itsmeagain's Avatar
    1.8T Sport Cabriolet

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    435
    The oil light came on for a few seconds and i started to worry, so pulled over and opened the bonnet. After that it drove fine no issues just a yellow dash light. I have emailed the dealer and will be on the phone first thing in the morning for him to sort out. Only problem I have is that I am 150 miles away from him so its gonna be a headache to keep going back. Does the oil thing sound like an oil pump blockage? Should I start worrying??
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

  6. #5
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by B5NUT View Post
    I would chuck the car back at the dealer you got the car from, warning lights & flat battery are not good signs of a well maintained car.
    X 2 - sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you've barely had the car 24 hours and seen those probs already .....
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  7. #6
    itsmeagain's Avatar
    1.8T Sport Cabriolet

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    X 2 - sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you've barely had the car 24 hours and seen those probs already .....
    I know mate, I am well pissed off
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

  8. #7
    J7USS's Avatar
    Shuddup Foooool!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    LEICESTER
    Posts
    3,671
    Yeah well I take it you are familiar with the topic Oil sludge...maybe do a search on here and you'll come across stacks of issues but like the others have said, It should be going back to the dealers asap as you have only had it 5mins. The oil light has already come on so if you do have to drive it back to the dealers (150mls) then dont be surprised if it doesnt come back on again.

    Its kind of a pattern, when you blast these 1.8T's on the Mway, because of the Oil sludge and gunky Pick up pipe the oil struggles to get to the top of the engine hence why your light will come on. Most oil sludge issues ive come across and heard of is when the engines seemed to have had a good blast on the Mway for example!

  9. #8
    itsmeagain's Avatar
    1.8T Sport Cabriolet

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    435
    What do you recommend apart from smacking the dealer in the mouth. Is it worth getiing the oil changed and a new pump and filter fitted??
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

  10. #9
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    If it was me - I would refuse to drive the car to the dealer (just imagine the discussion of blame if it seizes enroute....) and get him to have it recovered at his cost. Then insist on a full engine flush and new oil, sump off and new oil pick up. He'll probably baulk at the cost of recovery, so tell him you are happy to have it fixed locally at his cost (at a garage you trust so will know the work has been done properly). Tell him if he refuses you will drive the car back at his risk and require a full refund under the sale of goods act.

    I doubt he'll agree to all that, but it puts you in a strong starting position.

    Was it a main dealer or a second hand place?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  11. #10
    mattyboyc's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    If it was me - I would refuse to drive the car to the dealer (just imagine the discussion of blame if it seizes enroute....) and get him to have it recovered at his cost. Then insist on a full engine flush and new oil, sump off and new oil pick up. He'll probably baulk at the cost of recovery, so tell him you are happy to have it fixed locally at his cost (at a garage you trust so will know the work has been done properly). Tell him if he refuses you will drive the car back at his risk and require a full refund under the sale of goods act.

    I doubt he'll agree to all that, but it puts you in a strong starting position.


    Was it a main dealer or a second hand place?
    Main dealer or used car lot i agree with James as soon as you start spouting sale of goods act and fit for purpose,trading standards ect they normally change their tune, don't back down,stand your ground but be respectful it's no good going in there F'ing and blinding although you want to and remember " THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT "
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS


  12. #11
    A4 nut's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    wolverhampton
    Posts
    352
    Get rid you still have the battery issue and sorting out the drain problem if you have one, is as much heartache as the oil light problem to sort out. Demand a refund its still a buyers market for cabs at the moment.

  13. #12
    itsmeagain's Avatar
    1.8T Sport Cabriolet

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    If it was me - I would refuse to drive the car to the dealer (just imagine the discussion of blame if it seizes enroute....) and get him to have it recovered at his cost. Then insist on a full engine flush and new oil, sump off and new oil pick up. He'll probably baulk at the cost of recovery, so tell him you are happy to have it fixed locally at his cost (at a garage you trust so will know the work has been done properly). Tell him if he refuses you will drive the car back at his risk and require a full refund under the sale of goods act.

    I doubt he'll agree to all that, but it puts you in a strong starting position.

    Was it a main dealer or a second hand place?
    Wasnt an Audi dealer, just a car showroom that I found on autotrader. Apart from these 2 issues the cars great.
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

  14. #13
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I've no idea what the availability of cabs is, but if you're happy with it there's no reasons to reject it necessarily.

    The oil issue is potentially very serious, but also relatively easy to resolve. The batteries have had a hard time this winter, and especially if the cars been stood about for a few weeks a flat battery isn't the end of the world.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  15. #14
    itsmeagain's Avatar
    1.8T Sport Cabriolet

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    I've no idea what the availability of cabs is, but if you're happy with it there's no reasons to reject it necessarily.

    The oil issue is potentially very serious, but also relatively easy to resolve. The batteries have had a hard time this winter, and especially if the cars been stood about for a few weeks a flat battery isn't the end of the world.
    Thats exactly what I thought. I would rather have a trustworthy garage that I use sort out the problem. Ill just wait till the morning and see what the seller has to say. Gonna get VAGCOM to diagnose any other issues in the morning. Is the battery an easy thing to remove??
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

  16. #15
    A4 nut's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    wolverhampton
    Posts
    352
    A new pickup pipe is not an easy fix, oil pump an not easy fix and a flat battery can be the symptom( the battery will have charged over the 150 miles you got it home) so not the cause take it back and dont accept it back untill its right. That is your rights dont be frightend of dealers you paid good money you want a good car!

  17. #16
    itsmeagain's Avatar
    1.8T Sport Cabriolet

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by A4 nut View Post
    A new pickup pipe is not an easy fix, oil pump an not easy fix and a flat battery can be the symptom( the battery will have charged over the 150 miles you got it home) so not the cause take it back and dont accept it back untill its right. That is your rights dont be frightend of dealers you paid good money you want a good car!
    I am more than happy to take it back to the seller, ill get a proper verdict in the morning from my local independent vw/audi specialist.
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

  18. #17
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I didn't say it was an "easy" fix, I said it was "relatively easy to resolve" which in my opinion for a garage it is.

    Whilst the battery will have charged on the drive home, if it's been standing for a while and the battery is old this may have finished it off in my experience, so It won't hold the charge anyway. I've never done a battery myself, but assuming its the same on a cab it's not a difficult job per se', it's just heavy to lift the battery in and out.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  19. #18
    itsmeagain's Avatar
    1.8T Sport Cabriolet

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    I didn't say it was an "easy" fix, I said it was "relatively easy to resolve" which in my opinion for a garage it is.

    Whilst the battery will have charged on the drive home, if it's been standing for a while and the battery is old this may have finished it off in my experience, so It won't hold the charge anyway. I've never done a battery myself, but assuming its the same on a cab it's not a difficult job per se', it's just heavy to lift the battery in and out.
    Hi mate, thanks for the advice. Can you recommend any good HID kits
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

  20. #19
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I just bought a cheap set from ebay three years ago, and with the exception of a failed ballast I've never had any problems. Not everyone has been so lucky though! Drewbee has a cab too, and he fitted them a fe weeks ago, maybe drop him a PM and see if he can help.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  21. #20
    A4 nut's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    wolverhampton
    Posts
    352
    Ive had both of these problems so im comming from the experence angle They stood me for 1200 together so i dont want any one to go through what i went through just want itsmeagain to have a good sound solid car its not a good start for him a new car and new to audi (i think) im not having a dig at any one. I would go straight to where i bought it from wanting it sorted no expence spared as i said you paid good money so you should have a good car.

  22. #21
    itsmeagain's Avatar
    1.8T Sport Cabriolet

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by A4 nut View Post
    Ive had both of these problems so im comming from the experence angle They stood me for 1200 together so i dont want any one to go through what i went through just want itsmeagain to have a good sound solid car its not a good start for him a new car and new to audi (i think) im not having a dig at any one. I would go straight to where i bought it from wanting it sorted no expence spared as i said you paid good money so you should have a good car.
    Cheers mate, its not even the money. Its the principle really, I handed the seller money for a working car. So I am confident it will get sorted asap. My previous car before this was an Audi TT 225 quattro
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

  23. #22
    mattyboyc's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmeagain View Post
    Can you recommend any good HID kits
    I got mine off e-bay from HID DIRECT, have had no problems with them although now and again only one would come on, lord alone knows why, seems to have fixed itself now though.
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS


  24. #23
    J7USS's Avatar
    Shuddup Foooool!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    LEICESTER
    Posts
    3,671
    I have the same problem with one of my HIDs too, I sometimes have to wiggle the wire to it and it will then work for a couple of weeks.

    @ itsmeagain : I wouldnt be ordering any HID kits etc yet, just make sure you get the motor sorted. Like James says, Its a big Risk travelling 150mls back to the dealer if the worse does happen so discuss the options with the dealer, you never know he might be understanding but im guessing he is going to want the motor back to himself so he can check it out with their regular mechanic (...probably so he can save himself some money rather than going to another dealer somewhere else).

    Im guessing that the Cab was sitting for a while over the drastic cold hence why your battery has had it. Also with it standing a while (if it has been) then it probably only just been turned over few times and left running then you buy it and give it a good Raping on the motorway, if its got ****ty oil in it (...or hasnt had a decent service for a while) then your heading for the dreaded sludge problem. I dont want to sound negative but even if the light doesnt come back on for few weeks, It WILL eventually. Do your research tonight on the issue and be prepared for when you speak to the dealer because he will probably try and talk a load of Speel to you, at least then you can hit him back with the Facts rather than go in Blind. It sounds a good Idea to smack him in the mouth but you dont want to make the situation any more uncomfortable for yourself. Keep Calm and like they say use the "sales act" with them and make sure you make it loud and clear.Stand your ground and take no Crap.

    Let us know how you get on, it'll be interesting!!

  25. #24
    itsmeagain's Avatar
    1.8T Sport Cabriolet

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by J7USS View Post
    I have the same problem with one of my HIDs too, I sometimes have to wiggle the wire to it and it will then work for a couple of weeks.

    @ itsmeagain : I wouldnt be ordering any HID kits etc yet, just make sure you get the motor sorted. Like James says, Its a big Risk travelling 150mls back to the dealer if the worse does happen so discuss the options with the dealer, you never know he might be understanding but im guessing he is going to want the motor back to himself so he can check it out with their regular mechanic (...probably so he can save himself some money rather than going to another dealer somewhere else).

    Im guessing that the Cab was sitting for a while over the drastic cold hence why your battery has had it. Also with it standing a while (if it has been) then it probably only just been turned over few times and left running then you buy it and give it a good Raping on the motorway, if its got ****ty oil in it (...or hasnt had a decent service for a while) then your heading for the dreaded sludge problem. I dont want to sound negative but even if the light doesnt come back on for few weeks, It WILL eventually. Do your research tonight on the issue and be prepared for when you speak to the dealer because he will probably try and talk a load of Speel to you, at least then you can hit him back with the Facts rather than go in Blind. It sounds a good Idea to smack him in the mouth but you dont want to make the situation any more uncomfortable for yourself. Keep Calm and like they say use the "sales act" with them and make sure you make it loud and clear.Stand your ground and take no Crap.

    Let us know how you get on, it'll be interesting!!
    Well there regular mechanic has got no chance in touching the car. The car is going to my regular indie first thing. As for punching the seller in the mouth, it would be good but would not get my car sorted. lol
    Until the cars sorted I wont be getting HIDs or anything just yet.
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

  26. #25
    itsmeagain's Avatar
    1.8T Sport Cabriolet

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    435
    Contacted the seller this morning about the issues with the car, he reckoned the oil thing was just a sensor. lol. And he reckoned the battery was ok as he said they started every couple of days.(Yeah right)
    He advised me to get it looked at asap and call him, back. So the car is currently sitting at Midland VW waiting to be looked at in the morning. Midland VW said it more than likely its the oil pick up pipe thingy and a dead battery. So hopefully by lunch time tomoz it will ok. I will be giving the seller the receipt for the work
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

  27. #26
    J7USS's Avatar
    Shuddup Foooool!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    LEICESTER
    Posts
    3,671
    No doubt you got to get it fixed anyway so least you should get it sorted providing there isnt any further damage.
    As for the receipt - soon as you get the quote then ring him to let him know and see what he says. Like I say, you'll be getting it fixed regardless by sounds of it but it'll be interesting when you tell him the Cost. I wonder if he's going to come up with " ill meet you half way..."? - Are you going to accept that if he does? because personally id be telling him to foot the whole bill and if he starts moaning then tell him your onto trading standards right after that call!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmeagain View Post
    Contacted the seller this morning about the issues with the car, he reckoned the oil thing was just a sensor. lol. And he reckoned the battery was ok as he said they started every couple of days.(Yeah right)
    He advised me to get it looked at asap and call him, back. So the car is currently sitting at Midland VW waiting to be looked at in the morning. Midland VW said it more than likely its the oil pick up pipe thingy and a dead battery. So hopefully by lunch time tomoz it will ok. I will be giving the seller the receipt for the work

  28. #27
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I agree. I would definitely speak to him before authorising any work. the last thing you want is him refusing to pay, and Midland VW holding onto your car until some one does pay.....
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  29. #28
    itsmeagain's Avatar
    1.8T Sport Cabriolet

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    435
    Battery problem sorted, picked up a new battery this morning. fitted in about 15 minutes, the allen key bolt was a nightmare at first to get to but got there in the end. Also my oil pick up pipe was sorted yesterday by Midland VW, it was totally blocked with sludge. Cars got as full bill of health now.
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

  30. #29
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Result

    What did they do with the oil pick up?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  31. #30
    J7USS's Avatar
    Shuddup Foooool!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    LEICESTER
    Posts
    3,671
    Result! So you was one of the Lucky ones then I guess...

    Soooo....time for Upgrades!...whats the Plan???

  32. #31
    itsmeagain's Avatar
    1.8T Sport Cabriolet

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Result

    What did they do with the oil pick up?
    They changed the old one as it was clogged with sludge
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

  33. #32
    itsmeagain's Avatar
    1.8T Sport Cabriolet

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by J7USS View Post
    Result! So you was one of the Lucky ones then I guess...

    Soooo....time for Upgrades!...whats the Plan???
    Gonna fit my Forge diverter valve, then maybe a remap soon. But I really want to retrofit some sat nav and get some good HIDs as the lights are a bit rubbish and i am used to xenons after my TT
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

  34. #33
    way318's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Merseyside
    Posts
    160
    Sorry to bring the Battery question up again.

    Mine went flat again over night as I've still not got mine sorted (don't get paid until tomorrow), so as I wanted to get the Bosch S5 I was looking at there data sheet and found there are a few different types.

    So which Bosch S5 is the correct one for a 1.9 TDI, as they start from S50 01 and goes to S50 15 each one with a different size, Ah and Amps?

    Thanks

  35. #34
    itsmeagain's Avatar
    1.8T Sport Cabriolet

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    435
    I got a Exide premuim battery from Euro Car Parts because they didnt have the Bosch in stock at the time.
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO