Towbar wiring

acano

Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
hi,
I have bought myself a detachable towbar that came with dedicated wiring (plug and play). both towbar and wiring came off a A4 saloon B7. Now with me having the A4 saloon B6, before i bought it I checked to make sure the towbar fits which it does:icon_thumright:. So before I start fitting, and only as it came with it, will the wiring plug in and work as it would with the B7? and will I need to do anything in Vag-com?

thanks Tony

according to the witter website (towbar manufacturer) the bars are different, all though they fit the same way

and all though i dont fit the dedicated wiring when doing towbars, the audi ones need coding in i think

what make is the towbar?
if its a genuine audi one (westfallia) ill see if they are compatable with the b6 and b7 on monday if you want.

i fit towbars for a living

according to the witter website (towbar manufacturer) the bars are different, all though they fit the same way

and all though i dont fit the dedicated wiring when doing towbars, the audi ones need coding in i think

what make is the towbar?
if its a genuine audi one (westfallia) ill see if they are compatable with the b6 and b7 on monday if you want.

i fit towbars for a living

Hi, thanks the towbar is a PCT detachable towbar from towequipe part number AD6013 and the wiring is still in the wrapper (never used) the guy i bought the towbar from stated that he never used the wiring and wasn't sure how it would work on the B6