Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Parrot MKI9200 HELP!!!

Hi guys,

Ive just fitted a Parrot MKI9200 to my original headunit. One of my friends has just had one fitted, and the guy had tapped it through the headunit cd changer... So he can control the volume off the headunit instead of using the parrots Sh** EQ settings... So his sound quality is as crisp as it was before, being played of CD...
    Was wondering if anyone could advise me on what to do and how to do this?

Regards

2. # ADS
    ADS

On Point!!

Status
    First of all, what head unit you got?
    Is it Bose amped?
    How is it currently connected?

I've just had mine fitted and though I have to adjust the volume with the Parrott control when playing my iPhone or USB, mine sound still comes via my Bose amp and it sounds great.
    1.8T quattro S-Line in Akoya Silver, Milltek sports cat & 100mm tipped pipes, black Angel Eyes, 18" RS6's (Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta), Bose Symphony 6CD, Moonroof, Criuse Control, Armrest, Full DIS, 0.5 Leather, F&R PDC, Light Pack, Parrot MKi9200
    Coming soon HID's
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2001 1.8T Sport 0 v Swedish Artic 1

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi Xmay4444,

just noticed your post above and was looking for a bit of advise,
    im currently looking at installing the MKi9100/9200. i have the Symphony HU and full Bose. Now, obviously with having the Bose system i would want to play my iPod through the full Bose amplified system when not using my phone, however after speaking to a few people they have said that this wouldnt be possible as the MKi9100/9200 is already amplified, and wouldnt be able to go through the Bose amp.
    How do u manage to play your iphone/ipod through the Bose amp?

Many Thanks
    Kyle

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle13 View Post
    Hi Xmay4444,

just noticed your post above and was looking for a bit of advise,
    im currently looking at installing the MKi9100/9200. i have the Symphony HU and full Bose. Now, obviously with having the Bose system i would want to play my iPod through the full Bose amplified system when not using my phone, however after speaking to a few people they have said that this wouldnt be possible as the MKi9100/9200 is already amplified, and wouldnt be able to go through the Bose amp.
    How do u manage to play your iphone/ipod through the Bose amp?

Many Thanks
    Kyle
    Having the BOSE amp is a bit annoying when fitting a Parrot Mki9200, I fitted one in my TT with BOSE but needed to fit an extra harness. It is possible to fit this but you will need the harness mate. PM me if you need the harness as I have one available.
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

On Point!!

Status
    This is what i had to get.
    http://www.nexxia.co.uk/product.asp?product_code=10-401

The only problem i have found is that, once the ignition is off, nothing works, including the radio.
    Apart from that, I'm pleased with it.
    1.8T quattro S-Line in Akoya Silver, Milltek sports cat & 100mm tipped pipes, black Angel Eyes, 18" RS6's (Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta), Bose Symphony 6CD, Moonroof, Criuse Control, Armrest, Full DIS, 0.5 Leather, F&R PDC, Light Pack, Parrot MKi9200
    Coming soon HID's
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2001 1.8T Sport 0 v Swedish Artic 1