Retro fit cruise control (what do I need)

boya

Reaction score
Just been to my local scrap yard and got my eyes on a s4 that has still got the cruise control stalk part number 8eo953521d will this fit? If so how much are they normally? The guy wants £20+ vat. I have access to vag com so that's not a problem. Do I need any other parts? My car is a b6 2.5 tdi sport. Cheers

I am also looking at this retro-fit as far as i am aware you will also need the steerig column control module and the bottom cover ( unless you want to cut your old one ).

Do a search for cruise control and you will find all you need to know.

Not worth it you can buy new arms for around £25, you will also need the lower cowling around £15, and if you don't have multifunction steering wheel then add another £100 for the SCSM

Sorry am new to this what is the SCSM? Is it the ring behind the seeting wheel as it us just lying in the footwell of the car as someone has already had the multi function steering wheel away lol.

no the SCSM is what the cruise control arm plug into, if that part is still there grab it, and offer then a £10 for it.

Well everything was still bolted on with little torx bits has anyone got any pics of the parts I require? Or part numbers. The only thing that wasn't there was the bottom cover but I will just cut mine until I source a new one. Cheers

ok am going tomorrow and see what i can salvage, i will grab the SCSM as i know that it is a horseshoe shaped thing behind the controlls. cheers for the info!!

you need these bits mate,

23022010024z.jpg

23022010025.jpg

23022010026.jpg

OK I have just been to the scrapyard and got the bits the only problem is the part number on the horseshoe looking part is 8eo953549 n. Does this make a differnce? Managed to get a stalk and bottom surround too. Sweet!!!

Last edited:
its quite an easy retrofit... but you must get all the right parts.. In particular the SCCM.
If your scrapper has one with a cruise stalk, see what he wants for the full lot in the pictures above.

I have been and bought a sccm, cruise control stalk and bottom cover all from the same car today but like I said above the sccm's part number is differnt only by the last letter so am not sure if it will work or not. The car it came off was a s4 avant and mine is a a4 saloon. I don't want to go ahead and fit it all only to find that I have the wrong sccm, can anyone tell me if the one I got is the right one? Thanks.

What is the last letter on yours? this is the important bit. I know Q and N work. But to be honest with you, it will work fine if it came out of a car with cruise.

Like Chris says, as long as it has come out of a car that had it then it will be fine.

What did they charge you for all bits ?

Hi, sorry to hi-jack the thread but I have all the same parts and have been talking with Chrisash about fitting, now mine has come out of a car with Cruis and DIS all assembled as pictured above but has an F module which I understood wouldn't work? Can anyone give a definitive answer on this before I go and lay out £100 on a new SWCM from the stealers?

Hi, sorry to hi-jack the thread but I have all the same parts and have been talking with Chrisash about fitting, now mine has come out of a car with Cruis and DIS all assembled as pictured above but has an F module which I understood wouldn't work? Can anyone give a definitive answer on this before I go and lay out £100 on a new SWCM from the stealers?

If your whole setup came out of a car that already had cruise and DIS, then i dont see why this SCCM would be an issue. There are a few versions that work, i can only remember N and Q off the top of my head though, so F might be one of them too.

Hi all...
I have Cruise Control & DIS on my Audi A4 B6 Avant.....and I had to change the SCSM for one that also supports Multi Function Steering Wheel.
So I have a spare SCSM that does support both DIS & Cruise Control.....(But NOT MFSW)

Part Number is 8E0 953 549P

PM me any offers before I stick it on flea-bay

Well am over the moon that all the bits will fit and am confident enough to fit it all myself. Am shatting myself at the thought of coding it though. Av seen a few guides on here but all I have managed to do is some simple diagnosis and some simple re-coding but I can't get my head around any of the instructions on the guides. Can anyone do a dummies guide to vag-com for me? Or give me a Easyer guide lol, am goingvto do a walkthrough guide when I fit it too so others have something to go off. Cheers

Well am over the moon that all the bits will fit and am confident enough to fit it all myself. Am shatting myself at the thought of coding it though. Av seen a few guides on here but all I have managed to do is some simple diagnosis and some simple re-coding but I can't get my head around any of the instructions on the guides. Can anyone do a dummies guide to vag-com for me? Or give me a Easyer guide lol, am goingvto do a walkthrough guide when I fit it too so others have something to go off. Cheers

just follow guides you have found... feel free to PM me if you get stuck :)

if i am unable to complete the coding side of things on saturday will the car still be ok to drive? the wife would kill me lol