I DON’T THINK I WANT TO KNOW BUT

TURBOTRONICS

Reaction score
Iv had my s4 b6 avant or several weeks now and iv noticed what seems to be a lot of condensation coming from the exhaust most of the time even when its been fully wormed up for an hour
Now iv checked the oil filler cap and had no mayonnaise or steam coming out the oil filler cap and no evidence of oil in the water so where is it coming from
Im not loosing water or oil

This was asked by a 3.0 owner a week or so ago, and the consensus seemed to be that with no other symptoms it's just down the condensation from a large petrol engine in the cold damp air.

As James says also the catalytic converters produce alot of water. I take it you still have the cats?

Big f**k off V8 + twin pipes either side + cold damp air = plenty of steam

To me whenever I see a lot of vapour (not smoke!) from the exhaust of a car in traffic, I know it'll be a big powerful engine. In summary: large engines :anbet:.

possibly the crank case breather? when you take the oil filler cap off is it making a sucking sound. just a thought hopefully nothing to worry about

I've had this worry for the past few months.. I've being thinking the worsted, with any empty wallet at the mo!!

But now you guys have said what you have said.. big engines, twin pipes, cats etc.. have you put my mind at rest, for know, Phew.. as mine Avant is the 2.4L V6 sport! not the quickest but it does me fine at my age.. lol. so bring on that steam.. choo choo..

Ive noticed this on my 3.0 v6. Used to get it on my old TT225 as well, never had any problems!

Reactions: S-Star