Badger5Chris Nott
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2nd Gear

Status

A4 B6 S-LINE UPGRADE

I'M NEW TO THE SITE,THOUGHT I'D POST SOME BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES OF MY A4 2.0 FSI IN DOLPHIN GREY WHICH I BOUGHT A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO,AS PLEASED AS I WAS WITH THE CAR COULDN'T HELP BUT FEEL IT WAS MISSING SOMETHING SO DECIDED TO GO FOR THE FACTORY OEM S-LINE LOOK,AS MUCH AS I DO LIKE SOME OF THE AFTER MARKET KITS I'VE SEEN BOTH ON THE ROAD AND ON THIS SITE ,I JUST LOVE THE DISCRETE FACTORY S-LINE FINISH
    PARTS BOUGHT AND FITTED :
    S-LINE DOOR BLADES coded + fitted (Probabley my best buy at 80 ) well pleased after looking on fleabay !!!, SIDE BADGES , AND BEING AN SE MODEL, CHANGED THE FOUR SPOKE STEERING-WHEEL TO THE THREE SPOKE, S-LINE GEARSTICK GAITER AND KNOB, OH AND IT WAS SITTING TO HIGH TO GIVE A CONVINCING S-LINE LOOK SO I DROPED IT DOWN 30mm WITH THE EIBACH PRO KIT LOWERING SPRINGS, WHITCH I THINK IS THE RIGHT HEIGHT FRONT AND REAR S-LINE BUMPER VALANCES ( coded and fitted) AND RS6 ALLOYS (genuine).

CAN ANYONE PLEASE SUGGEST HEADLIGHT + FOGLIGHT BULB UPGRADE FROM THOSE YELLOW ONES ?

BEFORE

AFTER

Last edited by Digger1; 3rd March 2010 at 16:17.

2. # ADS
    ADS

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Digger1 Post up a closer pic of your lower grill please.

Neutral

Status
    Really nice upgrade in the looks department

1st Gear

Status
    Awesome work,

You could try these to up grade the head lights. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

2nd Gear

Status
    YEAH , THATS A MOD; I MADE FROM BLACK HONEYCOMB GRILL MESH 20MM FROM OF EBAY, CUT TO SHAPE THEN EDGED USING A 15MM BLACK DOOR EDGING TRIM, THEN JUST PUSHED INTO PLACE IT'S A GOOD MATCH TO THE FACTORY ONES EITHER SIDE, ORIGINALLY MEANT TO BE A TEMPORARY MOD, UNTIL I FIND A SPORT LOWER GRILL KNOCKING AROUND ON EBAY, I'LL TAKE A CLOSE-UP PICTURE FOR YOU AND UPLOAD IT..

2nd Gear

Status
    THANKS FOR THAT, SILVERSURFER , BUT REALLY JUST WANTED TO CHANGE THE BULBS FOR SOMETHING WHITER..

4th Gear

Status
    Looks good. I would suggest you get some HID's, you get them for about 60-70 inc LED side lights, I have changed mine and they look so much better. Also your car might look good with upper grill sprayed black, as the car is quite stealth.. BTW, mine is a S-line 2.0 rep / spoof too...

you can see my xenon lights here

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...n-install-help

Cheers

Adam
    Last edited by technics100; 2nd March 2010 at 21:11.

2003 Silver A2 1.4 TDi - 65mpg & 30 a year to tax - ;-)
    2003 Atlas Grey A4 2.0 S-line - gone
    2000 Goodwood Green S6 4.2 V8 - gone

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah thanks, technics,yours looks great but really just wanted to change the bulbs for now.. as for the upper grill, I have thought about black tape around the edge like what quattrojames did, just to see how it looks..
    Last edited by Digger1; 2nd March 2010 at 21:34.

4th Gear

Status
    Well, bulbs are 20 and xenons are 60, the lights In the A4 are awful, I would recommend the extra on the hid kit. I did the black tape thing with 32mm tape on my S6..

2nd Gear

Status
    thanks for that, having had a look on the site, I noticed lostbok went for the philips bluevision H7's as a whiter bulb upgrade,which does look good... might go for that, even if it's just a temp. mod. althought I know the HID convertion is better, as for the black tape thing, it would just be to see weather I want to black out the top grill or go for sport lower grill to match the top one, as I do really like the factory s-line look..
    Last edited by Digger1; 3rd March 2010 at 09:29.

4th Gear

Status
    I think the black euro look would suit yours. I would do mine but I have the chrome window surrounds and think it would look funny!! I had black grills on my denim blue A4.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger1 View Post
    Yeah thanks, technics,yours looks great but really just wanted to change the bulbs for now.. as for the upper grill, I have thought about black tape around the edge like what quattrojames did, just to see how it looks..
    Ah fame at last

I think dechroming the grille would finish it off totally, especially as you have black window trims, you could then leave the rings chrome for that splash of colour! I was far from convinced it woud suit mine when I did it, hence the tape, but I wouldn't go back now! It's a very easy mod to do, in fact I have two dechromed grilles in my shed, if you're anywhere near me, or going to Ultimate Dubs give me a shout if you'd like to try one.

The car looks really good now, does that Eibach spring kit deffo give a 30mm drop? It still looks to be sitting higher than a standard Sport which is 20mm lower than an SE....

If you're going to the trouble of changing the bulbs, then I really would recommend putting HID bulbs in, locating the ballasts is very easy, and if you buy from a supplier someone else has used, and site the ballasts correctly you shouldn't have any error problems. Personally I see little point in going to the trouble of changing the bulbs for uprated halogen ones.

@ Technics, I've got chrome window trims and the black grille still works I think.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks for the offer james, I'll defo, try the tape thing first, as for the height, I'm not convinced the eibech pro kit, does exactly what it says on the tin, although in those pictures it is on a very unevan surface with lots of pot holes, but after looking at the pictures doesn't really do it justice, So I've been out with the tape measure and it's sitting at, 66.3 cm's from the ground to the center of the arch, on flat ground so if someone could measure there sport in the same way , possibley s-line as well ,
    we could give a final verdict on the eibech pro kit , because it's a days work fitting those things

As for the bulb upgrade if i go for HID's ,any ideas what's a good match for the fogs.

Thanks, technics for the upload of your your denim blue A4,I will defo, try the grill thing on mine...
    Last edited by Digger1; 3rd March 2010 at 16:27.

Status

My Social Networking

To the best of my knowledge the S-Line is just a cosmetic upgrade, and will have the same suspension as a Sport. Can anyone confirm or deny that? Where's Bub's when you need him....!

The only way your fogs will ever match your headlights is if you were to HID them too. I considered this, but rarely use the fogs in honesty, and felt the intense white light would be counterproductive in fog. So I just used a set of 20 Nightbreakers, they are quite yellow compared to the headlights (not a bad thing for fogs anyway...?) but are significantly brighter than the (old) standard bulbs that were in there.

4th Gear

Status

Thanks, technics for the upload of your your denim blue A4,I will defo, try the grill thing on mine...
    BTW- the denim blue one is on 30mm Eibach pro springs too, I actually thought it was nearly the same height as standard at the back..

I will be taking my grills off tonight and trying the black tape to see what its like.. I changed the fog light bulbs in my S6, here is a link.

http://www.rs246.com/index.php?name=...175&highlight=

There should be a link to a website for them..
    Last edited by technics100; 3rd March 2010 at 12:26.

Status

My Social Networking

Those Ultra Powers look great, the whitest halogen bulbs I've ever seen!

2nd Gear

Status
    I tried the RS6's before I put the eibach kit on , but it didn't look right in my opinion, far to much gap at the top of the arches, so the kit has definately lowered it , doubt it's lowered it 30mm like eibach claim though , Thanks for the link , technics ,those look great for halogen bulbs , i'll have a look on fleabay...

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD View Post
    Digger1 Post up a closer pic of your lower grill please.
    CMD , Here's that close-up of the grill you asked for, sorry about the picture quality ,best i could do on a dull day ...

well you better unsell them, sharpish!

Status
    Where did you get the S-Line Lower Bumpers from, I'd like to upgrade my Librarian looking SE to these

2003 2.0 FSI SE A4 Avant

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by baynesey View Post
    Where did you get the S-Line Lower Bumpers from, I'd like to upgrade my Librarian looking SE to these
    Bought them direct from the local stealer , didn't think they were that expensive , it was about 90 for the front & 145 for the rear , the rear one will fit straight on to the top part of your standard bumper but the front lower valance won't , you will need to trim some of the plastic frame-work of at the back of where it fits, difficult to explain but easy to do , I found some helpfull instructions and step by step photos on another audi site of someone in the states , his user name is MAT DEVO ,google it with lower bumper retro fit ultra sport....

CMD

Status
    Nice are you going to paint the top grill

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD View Post
    Nice are you going to paint the top grill
    Don't know, it was really intended as a temp. mod., until i coud find a lower sport grill on eabay, but it's grown on me , so i might just black out the top grill to match..

Status
    Bought them direct from the local stealer , didn't think they were that expensive , it was about 90 for the front & 145 for the rear , the rear one will fit straight on to the top part of your standard bumper but the front lower valance won't , you will need to trim some of the plastic frame-work of at the back of where it fits, difficult to explain but easy to do , I found some helpfull instructions and step by step photos on another audi site of someone in the states , his user name is MAT DEVO ,google it with lower bumper retro fit ultra sport....
    Do you have part numbers?

Cheers

2003 2.0 FSI SE A4 Avant

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by baynesey View Post
    Do you have part numbers?

Cheers
    I can only find the receipt for the rear one , witch isn't any good for you , as your cars an avant , so it's a different rear bumper , I think lostbok listed the part numbers at some point, ask around or phone your local audi stealers parts dept. but be sure to explain your cars 2.0 fsi with single tail pipe , because genuine s-lines are 1.8T , with twin tail pipes witch have different shape rear bumper.they can get them because i bought one...
    Last edited by Digger1; 5th March 2010 at 14:41.

Status
    Cheers Chap

2003 2.0 FSI SE A4 Avant

Status

My Social Networking

A twin exit conversion would be a worthy mod if you're buying a new rear valance I reckon

1st Gear

Status
    Digger1 nice motor
    when you lowered your car did you left original shocks in?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    A twin exit conversion would be a worthy mod if you're buying a new rear valance I reckon
    agree

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
    Digger1 nice motor
    when you lowered your car did you left original shocks in?
    yes the pro kit is designed to be used with the origanal shocks ...

1st Gear

Status
    didn't the s-line just replace the sport?
    2.5 tdi Quattro sport - PhatBox - DIS - Cruise - RS4 ARB - Remap - and a few other minor mods/retrofits
    2.0 TFSI A4 b7 cab - completely std for now... (the wife's car)

Status

My Social Networking

I'm not an expert on this, but I think from late 03/early 04 the last model B6 1.8T 190 quattro Sports were badged as S-Lines. The B7 range was the first to popularise the S-Line range.

CMD

Status
    Correct 03/04 was the birth of s-line . Audi chuck a s-line line badge on everything that roll's out of the factory now day's. I looked for an age for my one

BahnStormer

Status
    v nice conversion... rear spoiler looks non-OEM, but it's v nice and subtle.... love the fact you didn't try to bling it up awith front/rear s-line badges.... respek :o)

as you've picked up: I've got the Philips Bluevision Fogs, Osram Nightbreakers on the mainbeams, OEM HIDS and UltraLEDS for the sidelights:
    Full lights on:

BEFORE and AFTER pics are just the latest "Philips Bluevision sidelights" vs "LEDS"s... the OEM sidelights and fogs were properly yellow!!
    BEFORE:

AFTER:
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lostbok View Post
    v nice conversion... rear spoiler looks non-OEM, but it's v nice and subtle.... love the fact you didn't try to bling it up awith front/rear s-line badges.... respek :o)

as you've picked up: I've got the Philips Bluevision Fogs, Osram Nightbreakers on the mainbeams, OEM HIDS and UltraLEDS for the sidelights:
    Full lights on:

BEFORE and AFTER pics are just the latest "Philips Bluevision sidelights" vs "LEDS"s... the OEM sidelights and fogs were properly yellow!!
    BEFORE:

AFTER:
    Cheers mate ,Thanks for the upload , they look really good , I think there about the best I'm going to get with out doing the full HID , Mod. witch is all i want for now ,As for the rear boot spoiler that was on the car when i bought it , it is colour coded and looks very close to the real thing so didn't bother changing it..

I had .. A4 1.9 tdi 130 sport 2004 , in phantom black .. witch had the full sport/s-line kit on it from the factory , so i was familiar with all the bits needed for the MOD, on this one ...
    Last edited by Digger1; 5th March 2010 at 18:06.

BahnStormer

Status
    I was talking about the boot lip (top), not the valence... and I know ALL about the rear lower valence... see my previous posts when the garage not only ordered the wrong ones, but actually sprayed up and fitted them - "in case that's what I wanted".... might have been okay if they hadn't also removed all my headlight washers, thus rendering my factory fited HID's illegal!

LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lostbok View Post
    I was talking about the boot lip (top), not the valence... and I know ALL about the rear lower valence... see my previous posts when the garage not only ordered the wrong ones, but actually sprayed up and fitted them - "in case that's what I wanted".... might have been okay if they hadn't also removed all my headlight washers, thus rendering my factory fited HID's illegal!

yeah my mistake realised after... Hope they replaced the rear bumper at there own cost.. I've ordered some bulbs , based on your uploads . Don't know what to do with it after that , perhaps front centre armrest my last A4 had one and i really miss it !!!

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Cracking Job to go with a cracking colour too!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J7USS View Post
    Cracking Job to go with a cracking colour too!
    thanks , J7USS !!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Could you dig out the part numbers please! :-)

Cheers
    G.
    Audi A4 TDi 130 Sport

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by iyrix View Post
    Could you dig out the part numbers please! :-)

Cheers
    G.
    Front bumper valance ; P U8E0 807 110 BG RU 79 + VAT ( needs to be retro-fitted, google ;" matt devo audi a4 ultra sport bumper retro fit" for instructions )
    fog light grill ; P U8E0 807 682 D0 1C 14 + VAT
    fog light grill ; P U8E0 807 681 D0 1C 14 + VAT
    Rear bumper valance ; P U8E5 807 521 FG RU 135 + VAT ( This is for FSI petrol ,single tail pipe cut out, explain this at dealers,or ask LOSTBOK , for diesal part,N'o)

The S-line door blades I bought from a breakers for 80 the set, which was really cheap as they make about 200 on fleabay but read discription as the S4 are are similar,there's a set of S-line ones on the bay at the moment for 220 , item N'o... 230452473007 , there's usually a set on there...
    you just need to get the bits painted the , your car looks the same as mine , dolphin grey so your colour code should be , LX7Z .
    I paid 200 for both bumper valances and the blades to be painted , which is a good price for really good factory finish...
    as for fitting the door blades just slide on after you've removed the two philips screws at the bottom of each door...
    The rear bumper valance will just clip on to the top part after you've removed the bumper and un-cliped the standard valance...
    Then use the inst; of MATT DEVO , for the front one,he's put photo's up with the instructions,really easy to follow ,let me now if you need any more advice removing bumpers etc...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast