Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

How to check alarm?

I have no idea if the alarm works on my 03 18T?
    On my previous cars (cabs) i had Cliffords fitted.The Audi unit seems basic in comparison,dont think mine as shock sensor even.
    I have never heard it go off.
    How do i check if the alarm does in fact work.How can i trigger it?

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by qawsed View Post
    I have no idea if the alarm works on my 03 18T?
    On my previous cars (cabs) i had Cliffords fitted.The Audi unit seems basic in comparison,dont think mine as shock sensor even.
    I have never heard it go off.
    How do i check if the alarm does in fact work.How can i trigger it?
    sit really still in the car... set the system.. wait 30 seconds... then dance crazy! lol

Neutral

Status
    put all your windows down lock car wait 30 secs and try put your hand in the window lol
    Last edited by basspower; 26th February 2010 at 12:41.

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    To check the battery back-up siren, open bonnet, close all doors and boot, arm the alarm, wait 30-60 seconds for all to arm and settle.
    Disconeect the battery earth.
    - If the battery backup is any good in the siren then it will sound until you reconnect the main battery.

To check the tilt sensor, close all doors, bonnet, boot etc. Arm the alarm, wait 30-60secs, and then jack up the car with the car jack - siren should sound.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

Neutral

Status
    I think the backup batt must be kaput because i have had the main batt disconneted several times lately and i head no siren or beeps at all on disconnectio or connection.
    Is there a shock sensor on the alarm at all? or is it only motion+tilt?

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    The battery backup siren will only sound if the arm has first been armed and the car is in the locked scenario and then the battery is disconnected.

Disconnecting the battery with the alarm not set will not set the battery backed siren off.
    The siren is a little bit more intelligent than battery backed sirens we had several years back where simply removing the permanent power source triggered them off!

Saloons & Avants have ultrasonic motion sensors, Cabs have microwave detectors, and all have tilt/tow sensors.
    There should be respective disable switches in the drivers door pocket near the rear of the pocket for motion and tilt sensors.
    No shock sensor to my knowledge.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable