Clutch problem

Amir

Reaction score
Hello..

From last few days when I have been driving the clutch has been slipping.. my uncle told me the clutch was on its way out as he felt the clutch was too high..

Now I don't know whether I need to change the clutch or clutch and flywheel?

Can someone talk me through this process please... It's a B6 2004 54 Audi 1.9Tdi AVF 130Bhp A4 Avant remapped to approx 165bhp

Thank you

I had a new Clutch put in lastweek and wondered whether it need a new FW but the fitter said it was fine so left it.
Whats the Mileage? Any vibrations on Bite??any Juddering??

Its 50/50 really, you'll have to wait till your mechanic gets to actually See the FW

Just over 100k .. no juddering etc.. Am getting it fitted by a VW technician with genuine parts .. family rate ;)

Most would not take chances and change FW to avoid future problems from the remap .Seems low mileage for aclutch to give up but depends on on driving pattern

I took the chance with just the clutch alone at being just over 50k but with 100k id be changing the lot!

Why change the lot? I have a B5 with 230K and the clutch has been changed by Audi at 150K and they never changed the FW and it's still running on the same FW. Unless you have vibration coming from the engine then I would leave the FW.

Ive had a bad experience before, thats why id change the Lot...
Im not telling him to change it - "I would..."

As it's an expensive part I would need to be 110% sure that the FW is damaged, but I'm sure the tech will tell you if that is so.

Expensive part but saves having to pay again to have the FW changed later on down the line.
I waited till my fitter had a look and he said nothing wrong with mine so just had the clutch replaced.He reckons that its still got plenty of life left so thought what the hell, ill be selling up next year anyway!