Monster MotorsportBadger5
    Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Cruze Controle upgrade?

Breaking a B7 at the mo and iv got this bit in hope that i may be able to just plug it in and have my car programmed to use it,
    or is there more to the game?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I am yet to do it myself but have read alot about it on the forums, installing the parts is the easy part programming the control unit via VCDS takes a bit of time I believe. Check out this thread: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...cruise+control. I'm planning to do it myself I've got the control unit just need to get the cruise control stalk and steering cover next, the only problem is that I don't have the VCDS cable to do the programming and I don't fancy parting with 250 for the cable.

Status
    VCDS cable? im breaking a b7 with Cruze control in it, should i go back and the plug and wires too ?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkster View Post
    VCDS cable? im breaking a b7 with Cruze control in it, should i go back and the plug and wires too ?
    VCDS also known as VAG-COM cable, it's the diagnostic cable you use to connect your laptop to the cars computer to diagnose and program electronic components.

3rd Gear

Status
    The VCDS cable is what you need to plug into the car, so you can program your car up to work with the new parts.
    Without one of these or someone that can program it for you, this retrofit will be impossible.

The parts look good though and if that is a Q on the end of the SCCM part number, its a good module too.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisash32 View Post
    The VCDS cable is what you need to plug into the car, so you can program your car up to work with the new parts.
    Without one of these or someone that can program it for you, this retrofit will be impossible.

The parts look good though and if that is a Q on the end of the SCCM part number, its a good module too.
    yep the parts all add up, iv got a cable but no program,, could anyone let me borrow theres?

There is a Q on the end

Audi A4 1.8TQ

Status
    yep the parts all add up, iv got a cable but no program,, could anyone let me borrow theres?

There is a Q on the end
    The program costs 99 bucks from the states, whats that like 65 quid and it's a great piece of software, the cables are 13 quid on ebay and your good to go

Otherwise just ask on here and give your location, you can always drive to someone and let them program it up for you

http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/m...ry_Code=VAGCOM
    And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?