Can I remove the headlight lens?

TURBOTRONICS

Reaction score
Iv noticed that some crap has started to building up on the inside of the headlight lens and before I damage it trying to remove it I was wondering if it is possible to remove it without taking the headlight out

As far as I know, it is not possible. From what i have read regarding the Joey Mod (darkening the chrome bits within the lights) in order to remove the lens you need to practically bake the whole headlight unit to remove the front clear lens as the glue is rather tough in order to seal it.

I washed my car on saturday and noticed my near side headlight has also begun to get filled with crap, so I was considering a Joey Mod this summer perhaps.

You'd not be able to do it without taking the headlight out, but that's an easy enough job.

As mentioned you can either soften the bond in an oven, or else use a heat gun and slowly prise the lens off the body. Do a search for "Joey mod" on Audizine or A4mods and you'll find something.

id not use a heat gun on it may get a weeeeeee be to hot and melt it as it would only take a sec to melt
but if you do melt it as its plastic just make sure you get a cool shape out of it lol

Last edited:
id not use a heat gun on it may get a weeeeeee be to hot and melt it as it would only take a sec to melt
but if you do melt it as its plastic just make sure you get a cool shape out of it lol

Both the oven method and a heat gun are tried and tested ways of doing this.

Read THIS

just had a look. looks good mate do you think you would get some led strips in them like the new audi ?

i think i will give that a go when the weather picks up
but will it not affect the beam alignment when i remove the headlight with having HID'S