interior lights

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Anyone got any idea what the bulb number is of the bulbs ( not the festoon ones ) in the interior light cluster as i want to change these these to led,
Thanks in advance

Yeah I was curious too, I have a bulb at work that appears to fit, we call it a BA9 IIRC, but was directional , so not very bright, I ordered These .. I should know monday or tuesday when i receive.

Yeah I was curious too, I have a bulb at work that appears to fit, we call it a BA9 IIRC, but was directional , so not very bright, I ordered These .. I should know monday or tuesday when i receive.

That looks like them, let us know how they are

I fitted one of these yesterday and there no good because they are directional so they don't shine downwards.

Need one with a right angle for them to do the job but I've not found any!

They are 5 Watt BA9's.
LED's aren't as bright as inandescent bulbs, been looking at changing mine for coloured bulbs to match the ambient lighting, but think i'll go for incandescent for brightness.

Steve

They are 5 Watt BA9's.
LED's aren't as bright as inandescent bulbs, been looking at changing mine for coloured bulbs to match the ambient lighting, but think i'll go for incandescent for brightness.

Steve

What about the festoons then? led on them still?

I saw some 4 LED festoon bulbs at a motor factors today. They didnt have the size to fit the A4 though, I had a big one apparently :)
They are 11mm wide and 44mm long

I saw some 4 LED festoon bulbs at a motor factors today. They didnt have the size to fit the A4 though, I had a big one apparently :)
They are 11mm wide and 44mm long

Aint you the lucky one;), looks like ebay for the festoons then!

Aint you the lucky one;), looks like ebay for the festoons then!

I have replaced the festoons in my B6 Avant with LED ones. They were from DealExtreme website. I forget the link, but will look for it, and try provide it later. I haven't managed to find the smaller map reading ones yet, but then i haven't looked really either.