Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
    Grumpy Old Man

Status

Water not draining away

I've noticed recently that after a prolonged spell of rain, there is water trapped between the doors and the sills, that immediately runs away when the doors are opened. When it's really cold, the water freezes while trapped, and forms a layer of ice on the sill that I then have to chip away when I open the door.

So it seems to me that somewhere along the sills, there are drain holes that aren't draining, allowing the water to accumulate. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, any idea where the drainage points are, and what needs to be removed in order to access them and clear them away?
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2. # ADS
    ADS

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    I've not seen any drain holes but give them a good coat of wax and it should solve the problem
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

MDA
    sploorer

Status
    mines the same mate
    next time i wash it ill give it some wax

6th Gear

Status
    yeo i get this too i had a look and cant see any dran holes.
    it looks to me like it is getting stuck between the door ruber and the inside door trim so im thinking new door rubers.
    but it does help if you spray a silicone lubricant on it i got it from halfords and its used for all ruber and things like window seals to help them from sticking.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I already feel better knowing it's not just mine.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

4th Gear

Status
    Welcome to Audi design....I get the same problem even having waxed the door shuts, door bottoms etc......its worst when you have just washed your car and open the drivers door...

Just wait until its really pouring down with rain.....and you have to open the drivers window to put money in a parking meter ...usual thing is you get a load of water drip over the front and rear window switches and the door mirror controller ...

Always makes me think of the Vorsprung durch Technik .....LOL
    Last edited by JohnboyC; 21st February 2010 at 16:52.
    Monza Silver A4 2.0TDi S-Line Avant Quattro (170) - Heated Alcantara Leather, Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Folding Door Miirrors, Electric Tailgate, Privacy Glass, etc

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I can't say this seems to affect my car at all....
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

6th Gear

Status
    mine was not that bad just on back doors but it stopped when i used silicone lubricant on it.
    i think its just when the rubbers dry out.

MDA
    sploorer

Status
    ill give the silicone a try tomorrow when ive borrowed some from work !!