18T 2003. What battery,biggest.

qawsed

Reaction score
Having batt probs.The present batt is under a year old but i want to rule it out for sure, kwik-fit,unipart,apx £100.
Going by the fitment book in halfords a Bosch S5 008 is the BUT the guy said its to big a pointed aout a smaller one.
I want to get the highest rated batt that will do the job.

Fitted a Bosch s3 70ah (3 year warranty) on mine last week, bought it from gsf and cost £70 in vat. The correct one for the 1.8T is a 70ah rated one, The battery i took out was the original one it came with so it has lasted well, Halfrauds wanted £114 for the same bosch battery and Audi wanted approx the same. Go to gsf mate and save yourself some money.

If your battery is less than 1 year old it is still under warranty and i would go for a 80ah to make your car future proof!

Is there some leaway in the length of batt that can fit.
On a previous "attempt" to change it looks like when the clamp is loosened the batt can slide a fair bit.So can a different length batt fit or must it be the exact dimensions?

Looking at your last 2 threads and you have less than a year old battery i dont think it is your battery they dont discharge themselfs when its this new you say in your other thread its been in to audi they could not find the problem i can understand that as all they want is warrenty work that pays if they have to earn there money they dont want to no there not auto electricians! any way somthing is discharging your battery you need to find out what have you metered the battery and checked the the amps that are being drawn i have had this problem and cost me £500 to sort out most of this was replacing parts that there was nothing wrong with check the draw. Also pull the bulb out of your glove box and we will start from there.