s4 grill

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Hi all, bit of a stab in the dark this one but i have just got myself a s4 upper grill with a carbon surround, ( a ebay deal went sour so i ended up with it at a good price ) however i thought it was black but is infact graphite,as i have now gone with the black surround grill and black rings this will now not match the lower, my question therefore is this,before i attack the grill with the black paint, dose anyone have a black s4 grill but would prefer a graphite one?? i only want the grill itself not the surround or i can go one of these ways:
1:carbon surround,graphite grill chrome or black rings & then get the lower surround carbon wrapped
2:black surround,graphite grill & chrome or black rings
3:spray grill black,carbon surround, chrome or black rings
4:spray grill black,black surround, chrome or black rings
5: any other combo you guys think of.
I will at some point add the lower s4 grill ( if it will fit a sline bumper)

Although i have black rings on the boot now i'm not over concerned of the front as you obviously won't see both at the same time, sorry to go on a bit but i'm really not sure,:scared2:

Last edited:
Whats graphite mate - the surround or the grille itself?

Post a pic up ;)

Whats graphite mate - the surround or the grille itself?

Post a pic up ;)

grill itself

Ebay170110014.jpg

Ebay170110015.jpg

Ebay170110016.jpg

Those grilles look better in my opinion!

I would definitely 'darken' your rings - either carbon or black, I've never seen a carbon surround before, looks great though.

I've just got satin black rings and surround, looks ace from a distance, kind of a 3D effect!

Blackrings002.jpg

Those grilles look better in my opinion!

I would definitely 'darken' your rings - either carbon or black, I've never seen a carbon surround before, looks great though.

I've just got satin black rings and surround, looks ace from a distance, kind of a 3D effect!

Blackrings002.jpg

i reckon if i can get the rings wrapped in carbon to match the surround that could look quite nice, defo different