£58 for 5lts of oil??

Jason-Con

Reaction score
Im getting my oil sensor changed on Sat am and while its being done in goint to get a small service done, ie oil change and filters change. So i call up GSF today to get the oil sensor which need to be ordered in, still cheaper than taudi and its the same part too. The guy on the phone saifd that for my car and with my mileage 84k i need a specific oil that costs £58 for 5ltr's. Now im no tight *** when it comes to making sure the car is looked after but £58 for 5ltr's is a bit steap i think.

Whats your views and recomendations?

try tps or euro parts much better prices

I could have cupplied you for half that but you a bit far from me and shipping oils isn't that easy.

Try the people who Simon mentioned but even Halfords is cheaper than GSF if that cost is anything to go by. You could also PM "Oil Man" on here as he is also very cheap.

I could have cupplied you for half that but you a bit far from me and shipping oils isn't that easy.

PJM, i was going to email you about this very same thing.
I am going to be doing one of my 5k services very soon, about 1500 miles to go... so i think i am going to be doing that within the next month.
Drop me an email or PM on what you can do for me on a 1.9TDi PD 130, Will need Oil and Filter.. Will also be ordering them plastics for the engine bay at the same time.

Cheers!
Chris

WHAT OIL DO AUDI USE WHEN NOT ON LONG SERVICE INTERVALS? ie WHAT OIL SHOULD I PUT IN A 2.5TDI (FULLY SYNTHETIC OR SEMI)

Try Halfords, at the moment they have 20% off Mobil 1. I got 5 litres of 5w30 at the weekend for £40

I have a trade account with TPS and get my Quantum longlife 111 oil for £22 + vat, its whats recommended for most audis wheather on long life schedule or not. I change it every 6,000 miles and also use the larger (fitted as standard) oil filter to my 1.8T quattro s-line BEX engine. In my opinion, don't waste your money on oils costing twice as much, quantum is actually made by castrol if that makes you feel any better! change it every 6K and all will be good.

can someone tell me what oil from this range i need for my A4 2002 1.9tdi? Whats all the PD ex PD stuff about...?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...eName=-1&amountRequired=fullService&x=69&y=19

The 1.9 diesel engine you have is called a PD enigne (pompe deuse). Now these engines do require a specific spec known as VW505.01 for fixed service interval or VW507.00 for longlife servicing.

Do you know if yours is on fixed service or longlife service?

Cheers

Guy

The 1.9 diesel engine you have is called a PD enigne (pompe deuse). Now these engines do require a specific spec known as VW505.01 for fixed service interval or VW507.00 for longlife servicing.

Do you know if yours is on fixed service or longlife service?

Cheers

Guy

I will need to check the service history for that, i know it had an intermittant service at 74k aprox. The computer is now showing it requires a service in 500 miles, but as i do 250 a week its not far off, hence its having a oil change and filter change on sat while its getting the oil level sensor changed.

I have a trade account with TPS and get my Quantum longlife 111 oil for £22 + vat, its whats recommended for most audis wheather on long life schedule or not. I change it every 6,000 miles and also use the larger (fitted as standard) oil filter to my 1.8T quattro s-line BEX engine. In my opinion, don't waste your money on oils costing twice as much, quantum is actually made by castrol if that makes you feel any better! change it every 6K and all will be good.

every 6k seems excessive my service intervals are 9k anyway, and when your using oil thats made for 20k services then i think 9k is fine lol.

i get castrol edge from halfords. 44.99 but with my Student discount skillz 20% off so only 36 quid

Not sure if this is too late, but try Opie Oils. I will also try and find the Cliosport discount code for you (although I'm sure I saw Opie Oils on here somewhere . . . )

edit; http://www.opieoils.co.uk/

James

Last edited:
Thanks for that. If someone beats us on price, we'll match them. You don't need a Castrol oil, just one suitable for the car. Give us a call on 01209 215164 and we'll sort something out for you.

There we go. Nothing but good things said about this company on ClioSport. Will be buying from you as and when the new car needs a top up.

Best thing you can do for oil is go to a VW dealership. Not as dumb as it sounds.

£35 for 5 litres of 5W40 that meets and exceeds VAG requirements. Bargain.

I have brought 8l of sealed castrol edge fully synth 5W-30 for £56 including next day delivery from a guy on ebay twice and I will be contacting them again when I run out. They are not listing any at the moment but may well be worth calling Matt Lewis Motorsport 01922 692424

Time has been an issue with me on this. I needed to make sure i had the oil today as its getting the oil change first thing in the morning, I went to Harrold Hill audi near where i work and bought 4ltrs of Long life Quantam 3 for £30. I did not realise the car takes 4.5 lts...Argh, so i picked up 1ltr of castrol edge from Halfords. All the same spec stuff, i think ill be safe mixing castrol edge with Quantom...even thought its only .5 of a ltr.

Dont bother with the long life as it has no benifit whatsoever, only difference being the anti carbonising additive oh and the price. Long life is designed for 20k service intervals which bad news for your engine anyway you look at it.

Just buy the Quantum Platinum and drop you oil every 10 - 12k job done.

Rich

where can i get this from?