JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

A4 B6 Headlight Switch

Hello Guys,

I don't suppose anyone can tell me if part number 1C0 941 531A is compatible with my A4 Headlight switch part number 8E0 941 531A
    Just mine is scratched to bits and wondered if the VAG switches were compatible ?
    I hope that makes sense.

Thanks
    Steve

2. # ADS
    ADS

Loving the anonymity

Status
    I would love to know the headlight switch number too, i'm sure the previous owner had claws, it's scrated to bits also!

1st Gear

Status
    Same as mine.. think mine was owned by a woman with incredibly long nails.
    I have a 2001 A4 B6 2.5 TDI Quattro, the headlight switch part numeber from mine is 8E0 941 531A, I want to know if 1C0 941 431A would fit.
    I have front and rear fogs on the switch too.

Steve

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Ah, i see! Any chance of a rough idea on price of these? It's one of them things, that if it's expensive it just aint gonna get done. Mine has front and rear fogs too, and when used the whole left side of the switch now glows yellow as she scratched it so bad. (assuming it's a she...it woudn't be a man, haha)

1st Gear

Status
    From a dealer, around 60, thats why I want to know how compatible they are with others in the VAG range.

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    My ETKA prices are usually in the right ball park and are listed at 68.09, so in the 70'ish region.

Be aware there are 3 different switches from 11/03-12/04....
    8E0 941 531 5PR = Standard
    8E0 941 531 A 5PR = with DIS
    8E0 941 531 B 5PR = with Coming Home lights

where 5PR=soul(black)
    All switches listed at same price.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Cheers woorlord! Just a question though, why does DIS make a differnce to the headlight switch?

And at 70 maybe I should just get some black nail varnish out!

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the reply warlord.
    Mines a 2001 B6, just wanted to know if I could get away with using a switch from a VW, can get 1C0 941 531A so much cheaper than my 8E0 941 531A switch on Ebay.

Thanks again

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy88 View Post
    Cheers woorlord! Just a question though, why does DIS make a differnce to the headlight switch?

And at 70 maybe I should just get some black nail varnish out!
    I recall in the Bentley Manual circuits that there is a "lowline spec" and a "highline spec", and think the "lowline" does not do any fancy switching of the lights through the Power Control module where all the bulb blown sensing is done and respective errors sent to the DIS. In the lowline instance the front lights are simply turned on through the light switch with no other fancy circuitry. The lowline is the most basic of all specs so may not be a UK spec model??
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Ahhh, i see! That makes prefect sense now! Still contemplating seeing if i can do a repair job, as 70 could buy me a lot more fun stuff, and it still works perfectly.

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah, mine works fine too, just looks terrible.. as do the radio buttons which have also been mutilated, so looking for a replacement radio also.
    Not sure how to do a decent cosmetic repair of the switch though.
    I won't be shelling out 70 for a new switch mind

2nd Gear

Status
    Mine h/lamp switch is scratched to buggery too girls and their false nails ehh, my radio buttons are fine but my climate buttons look worn out at night when they are backlit.
    FOR SALE... 2007 Rns-e (sds), 2009 OEM bluetooth module, Flat bottom TTRS MFSW, steering wheel control module and slipring. All in Classifieds, Pm me if interested.

RS6 Avant, Milltek non res, Forge, ITG, Bilstein, Hotchkis.

Loving the anonymity

Status
    My radio is fine too, but the climate button are suffering like yours! This is why I always make sure that I bite my nails,

1st Gear

Status
    My climate buttons are ok, just radio and headlight switch that have been shredded....previous owner was female though

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade