Badger5Volks Autos
    5th Gear

Status

black roof rails fitted!

Hi,
    well this morning was spent with the roof linning down and new roof rails fitted, this is just a few pics i will add more in the "pics of your motor" section when she has had a good clean,
    as usual all comments welcome.

A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

2. # ADS
    ADS

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Looks better mate, good job I say and the tailgate rings match well!
    Goes well with the theme you got..
    Last edited by J7USS; 13th February 2010 at 20:17.

4th Gear

Status
    rails look nice but the rings don't suit, it just makes them disapear amoungst he grill

How easy was it to remove your rails as i might just remove and spray mine satin black.

5th Gear

Status
    How easy was it to remove your rails as i might just remove and spray mine satin black.[/QUOTE]

Not too bad, all the side sections of the roof linning are on clips so just pop off then 3 bolts each side, i must sat though it took longer to remove and refit the section of trim in the boot for the rear bolt than the whole job took.
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Looks really good mate - I like it very much
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Looks really good mate - I like it very much
    I'm pleased with the overall look just not sure on the balack rings on the grill, i do have a s4 grill on the way to me so i can experiment with the black or chrome rings.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Is your incoming S4 grille black or graphite?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

4th Gear

Status
    How about the rear chrome strip is that removable?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Is your incoming S4 grille black or graphite?
    It looks black in the pictures

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutkin View Post
    How about the rear chrome strip is that removable?
    Yes the chrome srtip is held in with clips

4th Gear

Status
    yank it off clips? or push from the other side clips?

Audi A4 S-line Avant 2.0T FSI

Status
    Looks good mate, not cheap them rails!
    If it's got t*ts or wheels, it's TROUBLE!

5th Gear

Status
    yank it off clips? or push from the other side clips?
    I used a small paint scrapper wrapped in rag and just prized one end up from the inside of the boot, once it starts to lift just go steady and it lifts off

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboyc View Post
    I used a small paint scrapper wrapped in rag and just prized one end up from the inside of the boot, once it starts to lift just go steady and it lifts off
    sexual, remind me if i ever meet you that i owe you a pint.

5th Gear

Status
    sexual, remind me if i ever meet you that i owe you a pint.
    No probs mate, anytime

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Loving the car mate! Just a question though, did you fit the boot spoiler yourself? Is it official Audi? I feel mine needs one, so quite interested as I think they make a big improvement to the Avant's.

6th Gear

Status
    really sets the car off.looks great.
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy88 View Post
    Loving the car mate! Just a question though, did you fit the boot spoiler yourself? Is it official Audi? I feel mine needs one, so quite interested as I think they make a big improvement to the Avant's.
    yes it was fitted by me and was purchased from vag-parts when they were around, you can get one from audi and also what they call the fitting kit which is basically a tube of spoiler glue and some cleaner.