To Quattro or not to Quattro?

Bigman

Cornish and Proud!
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am looking to replace my current B5 1.9tdi with a B6 130pd in the next few months, I am tempted to see if i can get a reasonably priced 130pd quattro (with the aim of a re-map or course!), My question is whether it is worth going for the quattro over a fwd, I know the obvious advantages of grip etc and disadvantages of extra weight and reduced fuel economy, but how much do these seem to be affected by the addition of the 4wd?

What are your oppinions?

Thanks

Adam

if you want MPG dont do it.

If you want amazing handeling and efortless acceleration. Go for it.

I am converted now that i have it and the snow just gone has made me love it.

As I will be looking at a re-mapped diesel, does anybody have any idea what sort of MPG's would be expected by them, would 45+ be expected on a motorway run?

Thanks

Adam

As I will be looking at a re-mapped diesel, does anybody have any idea what sort of MPG's would be expected by them, would 45+ be expected on a motorway run?

Thanks

Adam
45+ is more than capable on a run i get that most of the time locally with a remap (FWD).

Depending what remap you get the mpg should go up:) I'm getting an extra 4mpg out of my Quattro after a remap but it's still pant's compared to my old FWD but i do prefer the Quattro now

TRy getting a drive in a quattro .The difference is worth the extra fuel and a 2.5 is even better than a 1.9 .We have both but the 1.9 is being replaced by another 2.5