Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Newbie getting a A4 Avant TDI

Hi all,

I should hopefully be getting a 2004 A4 Estate sport TDi 1.9 this week, my first german car! after having Skyline, supra, mx5 and 306 work horse (not all at the same time obviously!)- so this german stuff as all new to me actually tell a lie i had a mk2 golf gti for a run around for a couple of months while doing some work on the skyline - but other than fix some neglected bits on it i didnt get to do to much before selling it on for profit bonus!

I have been trying to read up on here but the VAG speak and all the model codes, chassis codes, engine codes is hurting me head lol

Iam hopnig you could answer a few questions for me as iam not sure iam getting right info from my own searches.

Its a Cat write off that iam going to fix - while iam at it how hard is it to fit the S4 twin exhaust system and rear bumper?

Remapp - who is the best to use in north west, expected output and cost of remapp.

Are there and mods/fixes that people recommend

Do the RS4 wheels fit straight on? (model pic below)
    http://www.motiontrends.com/2006/m02..._rs4_wheel.jpg

Any other advice or info will be greatly welcomed, Thank you
    Last edited by Drifterwanab; 9th February 2010 at 11:00.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Loving the anonymity

Status
    As far as i knowq, the RS4 wheels won't fit straight on, they're too wide. I believe you'd be needing some RS4 reps, which would be a much more 'normal' width yet look similar.

As for the other stuff, I'm not sure so i'll let the guru's help you out there.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Welcome to the forum

If it's a 2004 Sport then the odds are it will look like this at the front:

If so then the rear will probably be similar to this (accident damage aside!):

So yes it would be simple to swap for an S4 rear (if you can find one at sensible money!) J7USS on here has done just that with his saloon. I'm assuming it's a FWD so you would need to get the right exhaust parts to have an exit on either side of the car like the 1.9TDi quattro's. Unless you especially want an S4 system any system off a quattro car or fwd 1.9T would do, and then you would just need a couple of exhaust brackets and the rear bumper with cutouts. To give you this:

Sorry for all the pics, but they speak a thousand words! And credit where it's due.

The RS4 style wheels will be fine as long as you buy the correct size replica's as original wheels have an offset designed for flared arches. 5 x 112 PCD with an offset of 35-45 depending on the look you want will do.

As for a remap, the 130's will go to 170bhp quite simply, I'm the wrong end of the country to recommend anyone specific though, but I'm sure someone closer will be able to!

There's lots of appropriate mods! Lets see the car first before we spend all your money
    Last edited by quattrojames; 9th February 2010 at 12:07.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Neutral

Status
    EXcellent matey, thanks for all the info!!

Yes mine is the same style as the ones pictured - the sport rear bumper is nice anyway but the picture of the twin pipe avant with the cut out bumper (s4 style) is superb - and thats what i want!

Thanks for the info on the wheels rep's are cheaper aswell so bonus

Iam going to wait till tomorrow to see if i secure the car before posting pictures - and 170bhp remap sounds very nice! that getting on for 300 ft/lb of torque too?

Just been reading the retro mod madness thread too - cant wait to get stuck in

Neutral

Status
    Well, i didnt get the car i first posted about but i now have a 2002 Avant TDI 1.9 in navy blue (not a sport), again cat d write off

So iam after a N/S/R door, and O/S curtain airbag - pm me if you have them - closer to warrington, cheshire the better!

Once the small repairs are sorted its mod time! oh yeah!! cant wait will be looking for S4 / sport line bumpers etc too

5th Gear

Status
    HI, not to far away from me, in warrington myself (woolston)

as for rear bumper removeal, its a bit of an arse tbh

first of all, remove the mud flaps if fitted, then the torx screws in the wheel arch, some more screws under neath, thats the easy ones done

now youll need to gain access to the bolts inside the car, to do this, remove the boot floor, remove the boot entry gaurd, 4 torx screws, remove the side panels, couple of screws, and to make it easier the rear seat catch.

the plastic is held in with clips attahed to the back of the plastic panels, they are a pain to get out as there held in tight, prise the panel out with a trim tool, there is also a retaining clip on the plastic panel about mid way along, (inline with middle of window), once there out then on the drivers side, if fitted, remove the sub and amp, 4 bolts/nuts and unclip the wire, it will wiggle out, you now should see 6, maybe 5 nuts (10mm head)

bumper should slide back

bit clearer instructions: http://www.witter-towbars.co.uk/towb...px?vtid=203049 and click fitting instructions

Neutral

Status
    Kewl cheers buddy

Iam right next to you, padgate/fearnhead and my mate lives in woolston. Small world!

5th Gear

Status
    aint it just, keep an eye out for us, my audi will be back on me personal plate with in the week, S500 TTB

Neutral

Status
    will do!

Any body know which BHP engine this one is

6th Gear

Status
    the red i im told is 130 bhp

Neutral

Status
    Woooo Bonza! happy with that if it is!

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Yeah, the red 'I' TDI's are 130bhp. Although, someone could have just put a different engine cover on

Does your v5 not say? I'm pretty sure mine does.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy88 View Post
    Yeah, the red 'I' TDI's are 130bhp. Although, someone could have just put a different engine cover on

Does your v5 not say? I'm pretty sure mine does.
    Its writte off, so need to vic check it before i can have the V5. Also its had private plates on and they dont match up to the car now, so i know little about it - A gamble is always part of the fun! lol

Didnt want to post pics up of it yet as it looks like crap - but iam now confused wheter its a sport or not?

Neutral

Status
    Right re looking at the pics, i was right first time. Its a SE isnt it

2nd Gear

Status
    Get the engine code to be 100% on the power output. Should be a large sticker in the boot and in front of service book if you have it.
    FOR SALE... 2007 Rns-e (sds), 2009 OEM bluetooth module, Flat bottom TTRS MFSW, steering wheel control module and slipring. All in Classifieds, Pm me if interested.

RS6 Avant, Milltek non res, Forge, ITG, Bilstein, Hotchkis.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifterwanab View Post
    Right re looking at the pics, i was right first time. Its a SE isnt it
    Easiest way to tell is the SE had a four spoke steering wheel, and the Sport a three spoke sports wheel.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Neutral

Status

oooo its got a 3 spoke wheel

But which is better se or sport

its got windy rear windows booooo
    Last edited by Drifterwanab; 25th February 2010 at 19:10.

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Sport is better than SE. Mine is an SE, so naturally I think SE is better, but then that's because i'm jealous!