1.9 tdi 130 starting issue

tnsl

Reaction score
I have a 1.9tdi 130 a4, sometimes when starting the engine turns over longer than usual. There is no routine to this, although it always does it when starting first time after being left overnight. The car has no symptoms when running, annoying more than anything else.
Thanks

I have exactly the same problem. I have found it is worse when facing down hill in cold weather

don't forget it takes the glow plugs a little longer to heat the diesel to start the car.

It might be worth checking over the battery, although mine is a petrol 1.8T the battery was the original out of the factory in 2003, first thing in a morning it would take longer to start and sounded like it was struggling, initially i thought this was down to the cold whether we have had but after having the battery tested i found it was knackered. I called into GSF and picked up a bosch S3 70ah for £69 inc vat. Since it has been fitted it starts alot quicker in a morning. This is only my experience but it might be worth checking if not already done so.