Lowering A4

w1ll14ms

Reaction score
Hi im new to the site and am after some information im looking to lower my 2002 Audi A4 TDI Saloon. Does anyone know if there is a maximum you can lower without adjusting to much of the suspension, i am on a bit of a budget so will prob just get springs for the time being? also ayone know any links to any good sites?

Thanks

hi not sure how low you would like to go but i own a tdi sport and they are 20mm lower makes for a good ride

Have you got an SE or a Sport?

What size are your wheels?

Go for the Eibach Pro-kit springs, if you've got an SE that will drop it by approx 30mm which is about the right height for increased stability whilst having decent ride quality. I would advise upgrading your dampers at the same time, those SE dampers won't be able to handle the sports springs for long. I've just had this kit installed recently and I am impressed with the whole package (sport look, stability and comfort).

Go for the Eibach Pro-kit springs, if you've got an SE that will drop it by approx 30mm which is about the right height for increased stability whilst having decent ride quality. I would advise upgrading your dampers at the same time, those SE dampers won't be able to handle the sports springs for long. I've just had this kit installed recently and I am impressed with the whole package (sport look, stability and comfort).

How much do you reckon it has cost you for the whole kit, springs and dampers? And any before and after pics? :)

I think it is an SE i will try get some pictures up the wheels are 8x18 i would of thought i may be wrong, would 50mm be to much do people reckon. could anyone put some pics up of the cars and how much each is lowered?

What size wheels do you have on your car?, do you have any photos?

Thanks

mate i got mine lowered on apex springs 40mm with a set of 18" wheels last yr and its sweet.now i got a set of 19" wheels and there aint a problem.

mate i got mine lowered on apex springs 40mm with a set of 18" wheels last yr and its sweet.now i got a set of 19" wheels and there aint a problem.

you got any photos mate?

mate this is it with the 18s i aint got a recent pic cos im waiting on skirts and the windows to get tinted before i take newer ones
lowerd.jpg

The whole kit cost me £590 installed that included a laser alignment. I bought the dampers of ebay for £250 they usually go for around £450 and the springs were purchased recently from the garage who installed the kit. The spring though were going for about £143 check out http://www.eibach-suspension.co.uk/p1332687.htm they state that you won't need uprated dampers but I think it's a good idea to change them as well. See the before and after pictures:

Before
P1000124.jpg

P1000119.jpg

After
P1000192.jpg

P1000193.jpg

mate this is it with the 18s i aint got a recent pic cos im waiting on skirts and the windows to get tinted before i take newer ones
lowerd.jpg
Loving the merc rims,

NICE

@ Seb - Looking loads better mate compared to when you came to my house that day...nice looking "pelican Blue" Votex you have resting there ;-)....COLLECTING alot of dust I see.lol

Hi J7USS,

It's seems ages ago since I bought them off you, I was going to get the votex body kit installed but am a bit undecided as to what body kit I want now, I'm warming to the S4 front and rear bumpers with the B7 votex side skirts possibly polished off with some S4 door blades and boot spoiler, Just getting hold of some bumpers is proving more difficult than I thought.

Hi J7USS,

It's seems ages ago since I bought them off you, I was going to get the votex body kit installed but am a bit undecided as to what body kit I want now, I'm warming to the S4 front and rear bumpers with the B7 votex side skirts possibly polished off with some S4 door blades and boot spoiler, Just getting hold of some bumpers is proving more difficult than I thought.

Very rare 2nd hand aint they Seb.You gotta be quick when they do come up though...thats when they do come up!
Sounds like a Good theme you going for aswell mate.Good choice

i think someone has some s4 bits up for sale on the audi-sport forum fairly cheap, might be worth a look

damn them 18s stilll not big enough