Front wipers

swarcup

Reaction score
am a little confused what do aero wipers look like and how do you know if you have them. im in need of new blades and have heard all the talk about various styles, mine do not have the usual hook end on the arm so am getting confused - part numbers from the arms are drivers side 8e2955408a and passenger side 8e2955407a if that helps. Not really bothered if they are aero or not would just like to source some good quality replacement ones as my nearest audi dealer is a fair drive away.

do yours look like the old one or are they flat ones

what year is the car? I think it's aroudn the 2003 facelift that the Aero versions came in...

if you're replacing blades and they're NOT Aero, then think about doign the arms too and then you'll have Aero :)

Going off the part numbers you have listed you don't have the aero blades you have the previous style with the plastic spolier fitted to the blade assembly.

The part numbers for the aero arms are 8E2 955 407C & 8E2 955 408C and the aero blades to fit the arms are part number 4B2 955 425 C2, PJMSpeedy can supply the whole kit to carry out the retrofit at a very good price :icon_thumright:

The images below show the difference between the two designs albeit the images are of an A3 and the aero design on the A4 is slightly different

Non aero
FWBefore.jpg

Aero
FWAfter.jpg

Last edited:
if you have the old ones the only place i could find them was halfords. i was going to change to the aero ones but when i looked
i could not be botherd to change the arms when all i needed was blads.

yep that they do good old halfords hahaha

wowsers big thanks guys now i know whats what, im not really wanting the aero wipers im happy enough with these, i do have a halfords near to me so il go there and enquire

wowsers big thanks guys now i know whats what, im not really wanting the aero wipers im happy enough with these, i do have a halfords near to me so il go there and enquire

I dont know what all the fuss is about Aero Wipers. I didn't have them on my 2001 A4, but do on my 2004 A4 Avant, and tbh, I prefer the old type !!

I wanted to try the Aero wipers so I bought some, but found out I didn't have the hook type DOH.

Think i'll stick with the old ones though they work fine, as long as you keep an eye on the wear indicator and change it when it goes yellow.

I get mine from GSF car parts.

theres a wear indicator iv not seen that

I wanted to try the Aero wipers so I bought some, but found out I didn't have the hook type DOH.

Think i'll stick with the old ones though they work fine, as long as you keep an eye on the wear indicator and change it when it goes yellow.

I get mine from GSF car parts.

ahhhhhhh, you my friend have answered a question that I have kept meaning to ask, but always forgot! I take it the 'yellow' wear indicator is the one on top of the blade, that you can see from inside the car? I have wondered what that was ever since i got the car, and suspected/ hoped it was a wear indicator.

I think it's time to replace mine then. Since some of you on here are saying that the aero aren't so much more amazing, I think i'll just stick with standard wipers. Are the Halfords ones good, or is it better to buy from Audi...or PJMSpeedy? :yes:

Yes, it's at the top of the blade Crazy, looks like this -
wear_indicator.jpg

The indicator gradually changes from black to yellow. When it's bright yellow – replace the blade.

i have the halfords ones and they work fine Crazy cost about 22 pounds for both

Yes, it's at the top of the blade Crazy, looks like this -
wear_indicator.jpg

The indicator gradually changes from black to yellow. When it's bright yellow – replace the blade.

Right then, Halfords in the morning it is then! Mine are bright yellow, so in desperate need of a change. I have permission from the wife to go Aero, but want to see what replacement blades are like first. If i'm not too impressed, i'll consider aero for next time.

as far as i no they just look different but dont work any better. and cost more some one i no has a problem
with his ones not cleaning right dont get one side and the othere dont touch the middle

Last edited:
SOUNDS FROM THAT THEN THAT THE ONES DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR THE CAR SHOULD NOT BE MESSED WITH. AFTER ALL WHAT USE IS NOT HAVING A FULL FIELD OF VIEW?

I have heard of a few people on here who had a few similar issues, but wither bent the new aero blade slightly to counter this, or just left it, and the rubber settled itself. I'm sure there is an improvement over the regular blades, but as with all things, you need to weigh up the benefit vs the cost.

I always buy Bosch wipers for my cars, I get them at a local motor factors for about £25, very good job. mine are non aero..

Cheers

Oh don't start adding another variable into this technics100 :p I was all set for a Halfrauds visit, but now you have me wanting to go to a local indie factors.

I was actually gonna ask that, but felt silly for thinking it, haha! I'm back with my original plan then and getting Bosch ones from Halfords. Just out of interest, how much does Mr. Audi charge for the pleasure? And are they any different?

cant help with that mate but would think they was a lot more knowing audi and prob no different

as far as i no they just look different but dont work any better. and cost more some one i no has a problem
with his ones not cleaning right dont get one side and the othere dont touch the middle

In my opinion they work much better. They work a lot more efficiently at speed, the screen is kept much clearer which is of course safer. They never judder or squeak, and replacement blades are more widely available.

If the person you know has a problem with it not cleaning one side then it's probably been installed incorrectly on the splined motor shaft, I have never heard of this before. Some arms need a very slight bend putting in to ensure a clean wipe on the passenger side, but it's not exactly difficult....

off subject but your motor sure is looking nice quattrojames with those wheels in anthracite/satin black is it? and are the door blades on yet?

like i say dont have them so cant say if they are better or not mate just dont look the same and just how fast are you driving in the rain to see they work better lol

just how fast are you driving in the rain to see they work better lol

You don't need to drive fast to see the benefit, amount of rain, wind direction, amount of spray etc all have an effect, but if you're happy non aero then job done.

off subject but your motor sure is looking nice quattrojames with those wheels in anthracite/satin black is it? and are the door blades on yet?

Thankyou very much mate! But unfortunately most of my avatar pic is photoshopped ....:whistle2:

The blades are on now yes, just a temporary fix at the moment.

Can i add to this thread, if you have a pre 2005 A4 and you have the standard wipers you cannot get them from halfords, even though they show them for a 2001+ Audi, i even had the Halfords monkey come out and check, ours have a little clip that you press to release the wiper and the ones that state they work for my car are wrong and he said they sell nothing like it, the last pair i got from an audi dealer had the little yellow warning sticker on, but i just picked a pair up today from Taunton Audi cost is 30 quid for the pair and they never came with the warning sticker?

Just for your info the Aero arms from Audi are 32 quid each and the blades are 17 quid each so approx 100 quid in total for both, so don't go spending 120+ on ebay for them :)

I will be pee'd off if someone say's i'm wrong though as i had to drive 50 miles to my nearest dealer. :( I did pick a temp sensor up while i was there though :)

PS. just read about the wear indicator, I was sure that yellow ! was on mine from new haha but now I know it only shows once they need changing, i can't remember not seeing the wear indicator lol.

Last edited:
I think you're right ronny, I think that the only place the Audi specific Bosch wipers are available is from the main dealer.

hey ronny i have the blades you have on my 2002 and the only place i could get them was halfords maybe they have different stock down here ;-)

How strange? mine were not Bosch from the main dealer, I could not even get them from GSF last year, my blades have no hook or anything they are just plain, you get no spoiler either if you buy them from the dealer, or at least I never.

If somoene has bought the normal wipers from Halfords please can you include the halfords number, they go in number form ie the ones for our car is supposed to be number 62, or bosch part number is 21S and 21, the S stands for spoiler, but niether of these would fit my Audi.

Last edited:
Just for your info the Aero arms from Audi are 32 quid each and the blades are 17 quid each so approx 100 quid in total for both, so don't go spending 120+ on ebay for them :)

QUOTE]

Just been to my local Audi dealer to get replacement blades (Aero style). They charged me £30 for the pair and fitted them for me free of charge.

Had a look on the Halfords website where they have a 'find the right part for your car facility'. Their suggested blades were £34.99 and you then have to fit them yourself.

So thumbs up to local Audi dealer! £5 less and you have the certainty of knowing you have the correct, Audi approved, blades and that they have been fitted by someone who knows what they are doing.