DIESEL OIL FILTER

klix11

Reaction score
Hi, Could someone please tell me where the oil filter is on an audi a4 diesel B6 , a photo would help

thanx

hi there its on the right hand side next to your fuel filter behind the dipstick has a black twist top on it

Can i get to it see it from the top of the engine or do i have to jack the car and get under

yes may have to take the top cover off the engine just 3 bolts and you will see it looking at you no need to get under the car

just take the engine cover off... as said above its 3 screws holding it on... then you will see it beside and slightly behind the dipstick...

if you want to get it off you will need the required tool for the job... you wont be able to just twist it off... its impossible

Directly under this circle...

Oilfilter.jpg
Oilfilter.jpg
[/IMG]

Remove engine cover, black round cap, undo with strap wrench, take note of which way round oil filter is, replace.

Why are the older TDi covers silver and the new ones black
is it a case of the black ones being cheaper to make ?

im not 100% sure but i thought it was black ones mean its the 100 bph to 115bph and the siver is the 130bph or so i was told.

im not 100% sure but i thought it was black ones mean its the 100 bph to 115bph and the siver is the 130bph or so i was told.

Cant be I have the 130 tdi sport and it has the black top?

ok so not that then maybe it just looks better