Chris NottSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Stereo, heated seats, tempreture sensor problems on my tdi cab

Hey,

Just having a few problems and wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction with sorting them out (hopefully with links etc).

Firstly, my radio signal has gone, it comes sometimes if i hit a pothole, but it was a pothole that caused it in the first place... the antenna in the boot seems to be secure... anyone know how I can remove the stereo myself? where do i get the thing to remove it?

Heated seats havent worked in a while, both of them. Fuses in fusebox is ok, are there more fuses under the seats? most of the wiring down there seems fine to me...

I know I need a tempreture sensor and since its a common fault, where can i get the information on how to do it myself... step by step guide anyone? including where to buy it from... I have the code written somewhere, but its the one that causes the temp sensor on the dash to drop and causes a flat spot in acceleration sometimes..

all help is appreciated!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dhillon884 View Post
    Hey,

Just having a few problems and wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction with sorting them out (hopefully with links etc).

Firstly, my radio signal has gone, it comes sometimes if i hit a pothole, but it was a pothole that caused it in the first place... the antenna in the boot seems to be secure... anyone know how I can remove the stereo myself? where do i get the thing to remove it?

Heated seats havent worked in a while, both of them. Fuses in fusebox is ok, are there more fuses under the seats? most of the wiring down there seems fine to me...

I know I need a tempreture sensor and since its a common fault, where can i get the information on how to do it myself... step by step guide anyone? including where to buy it from... I have the code written somewhere, but its the one that causes the temp sensor on the dash to drop and causes a flat spot in acceleration sometimes..

all help is appreciated!!
    For the stereo, i'd imagine something like THIS. It obviously depends on what stereo is in there, but these should do.

As for the other problems, i'm sure someone will be here to help. There was a dude recently who fitted the temp sensor, and pointed to another guide from a different forum. Search around a bit, i'm sure you'll find it.

4 Spring Duck Technique

Status

Stereo removal