Car broke down this morning......:(

Gooner

Reaction score
Hi All, just wondering if anyone could diagnose a problem for me ? I drove to work this morning and within 5 mins the car started to play up. I hit the braks coming up to a set of lights, went to pull away again and the car wouldnt budge, its as if the breaks were seized on !? The brake pedal wouldnt move 1mm and was solid, and the ABS and traction control lights were on. I switched the car off for 20mins or so, tried it again and it was fine !? This is the 2nd time its happened, the 1st was about 2mths ago and its not done it since. A chap at work thinks it could be a drain plug on the master cylinder blocking up ?

Thanks in advance

when the exact same thing happened to my a4, it turned out to be the brake switch. might be worth looking at that as my car wouldnt move either. since i changed it, its fixed it, but as you said, it could be something else...

when the exact same thing happened to my a4, it turned out to be the brake switch. might be worth looking at that as my car wouldnt move either. since i changed it, its fixed it, but as you said, it could be something else...

Hi Mate thanks for the reply, i just took it round to my mate who is a vag technician and he said it could be the brake switch which he replaced last month, he swapped it for a new one so hopefully this has no resolved it !