Possible N75 Valve Problem?

AU01 A4

Reaction score
Hi all
Please help, my cars is a 1.8t 190 (Bex), when i rev up to 2300 - 2600 ish in 3rd gear upwards the car judders slightly, from past post I have read i think it my be the N75 valve, can someone please confirm this, as it fine above 2800
Thanks in advance. :icon_thumright:

hi there

you can check if it is the maf by disconnecting the wiring, if it goes better then the maf is up the swanny if it is the same then its not the maf,a vag-com scan should reveal then if it is the n75 problem hope this helps

Like swarcup says regarding disconnecting the MAF, failing that then you really need to scan with VAGCOM as we could all be guessing at what it could be!

So it doesnt do it in 1st & 2nd Gear??

been out in at lunch time, did the same but have now it misfiring under load, engine was flashing and now is on all the time, revved it out of gear and it fine, could it be a bad coil or plugs getting?
getting it on vagcom tonight let you know the out come.
thanks again

I should have know it was a coil pack that had gone, it must have started to go this morning and it totally went at lunch. Changed it this evening and it back to normal.
Thanks Guys

I was just about to mention that but the N75 bit threw me off. Glad its all back to normal again. Buy a couple more and carry them as Spare. Get them from VW, loads cheaper!