new to Audi's

I

imported_BigChris

hey what's up guys? let me introduce myself.. my name is Chris and i'm looking to get into the Audi scene. I've been in love with Audi's ever since i drove my buddies modified S4. Can't really afford that but hey, its all good. Got a few questions for you guys and hopefully you can answer them.

I'm going to purchase an A4 1.8T manual and i want to do some minor upgrades.

1. I was told that Miltek exhaust systems are great for audi's; good performance and low pitched. Not loud like my rice rocket honda. :) Am I going in the right direction or should I consider other exhausts?

2. What ECU upgrades would you recommend? All I really want to do to the A4 is exhaust, ECU and turbo upgrades. I'm looking to get a good amount of horsepower but nothing to get too crazy. This will be my daily driver.. Still have the honda for the beating.. Any suggestions??

3. It comes with the full sport package. Should I consider changing any suspension parts or is not worth it? I odn't wanna lose the smooth ride it has.

4. What kind of power am i looking at with doing these mods?

Thanks alot for everyone's help!

Miltek exhaust, APR chip and K04 turbo, last not really needed

Chris, why don't you go for an S4 B5??? Nice car, bi-turbo engine...

G

i would love an s4 but i'm getting a great deal. 03 A4 sport package 1.8T manual with 10,700 for 22K. My friend moved into NYC and i'm pretty much paying nothing for it.

[ QUOTE ]
Big Chris said:
i would love an s4 but i'm getting a great deal. 03 A4 sport package 1.8T manual with 10,700 for 22K. My friend moved into NYC and i'm pretty much paying nothing for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but Chris seems to be in the States... so you could check out Ebay... I saw some nice S4's over there.

G

chris... we are hell bent into getting you to buy an s4 instead of an a4....i have an a4 ..lover my car...but would i take an s4 over it?!? ANY DAY!

i would love an S4 over an A4 any day myself but i want to get a car with low mileage and nothing in the 40's. Believe me, S4 rules.. I know this after driving a 400+ HP 2001 S4. also, i definitely love the new b6 style over the b5.. i guess its just personal preference...

[ QUOTE ]
GoSPeeDxRaCeR said:
thats good for you for setting your priorities.. it takes guts to turn down an s4

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah! it takes big "cohonnes" to turn down that turbo feeling... man nothing makes me feel like that and I have been in many cars!

G

well i dont think i'll lose that turbo feeling if i got with this kit.

http://www.stratmosphere.com/oct_a4g21.htm

looking at stage 4.

Got another question for you guys since my other thread is not being answered. Can I hook up a boost controller and turbo timer to the A4? What's the highest amount of boost I can run on the motor safely??

[ QUOTE ]
Big Chris said:
well i dont think i'll lose that turbo feeling if i got with this kit.

http://www.stratmosphere.com/oct_a4g21.htm

looking at stage 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got me here... But all I can say is that you'll get a lot more power if you modify an S4 B5!

G

the split second boost controller for the 1.8t boosts all the way up to 14.5 psi... above that... i dunno man. but yes... all can be fitted